Would You Buy This Watch? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Buy This Watch? Really?

Recently I was looking at Louis Vuitton's website (the French one) and I came across this watch selling @ 84,000 Euros! The Tambour Tourbillon 23 by LV.

I thought there must be a misprint so I actually emailed LV to clarify. This email came back:

Sir,

Thank you for contacting Louis Vuitton.

In reply to your request, we confirm you that there is no mistake for the price of this item. The price of the Tambour Tourbillon 23 Essential 44mm is really 84000 €.

We thank you for your interest in Louis Vuitton and wish you a pleasant day.

Best regards,

Would you buy this watch? And really?

For those interested to see what the watch looks like, you can go to this site:

http://www.louisvuitton.fr/front/#/f...mme/Horlogerie

Click Tambour Essentials on the left. It's the 5th watch on display.

Some tourbillion cost few hundred grand. For their target client range its not would they buy, it's which one they would buy.
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Yeah, but would you pay so much for a LV watch? After all, it's not like they are known for their timepieces...

Comment

If i'm not wrong, the LV tourbillion is manufactured by La Joux Perret, even though LV calls it the Movement Tourbillion LV Calibre 95.

La Joux Perret did manufacture complication movements for Hublot, Tag Heuer and others.

I don't have the dough to indulge in tourbillions (maybe Seagull ones ), but if I did, I would go for in-house manufacture rather than one which originated from a movement manufacturer. I read about the sorry plight of customers who got stuck after movement manufacturer BNB concept went bust few years back, leaving some customers Wyler, HD3, Hublot stranded when their watches need to be repaired or serviced.
        elusive

Comment

thats alot of dough for a non-inhouse tourbillion.

Comment

PP or some other brands maybe (if i have money), but not the above mentioned.
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

If I have money to burn on tourbi, i will not burn on LV tourbi.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

it is a NO for me

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X