Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[160113 New Addn.]- [KEMNER]- Le Petite Officer von Germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [160113 New Addn.]- [KEMNER]- Le Petite Officer von Germany!

Even a small sized German Pilot Officer can be as sharp as the BIG BOYS

Before i went full steam with STEINHART and UHR produce, both which offers VFM watches with their catalogue of products, i have heard of KEMNER for a certain time. Fellow brudders here may wonder, if i had heard about KEMNER, why didn't i get one of Roland KEMNER's release in the past 2 years? Till now?
    Most of you should have known by now, Roland sells his small production of watches bearing his name thru EBAY, and do not sell thru a specific website like STEINHART and UHR, where we can often check for new releases. Hence... i don't really have much chance to check on EBAY updates as it seems that there are folks selling pre-owned KEMNER watches in the BAY as well. In addition, KEMNER's limited production volume on limited number of model options available, could easily be missed by serious buyers as the new releases from the other 2 makers could be often distracting. So when i started to follow on latest release from KEMNER starting this year, immediately i placed an order for the FLIEGER Chronograph which seems to have a limited release number per batch.

Just picked up the registered package few hours back from the post office. This is my first encounter with KEMNER, and i handled the package with trembling hand. In comparison to UHR and STEINHART where their watches were shipped in a large box, KEMNER's order was shipped in a large envelope where i could easily felt 2 parts were packed. I was too concerned whether the content was break into 2 parts during the shipping process. Upon unpacking, i was relived that the watch is shipped in good order.

Onto the watch...
    Decorating the black dial, the color of the lume paint applied, is not as white as what the STEINHART Nav.B Chrono maybe. It's some kind of off white, slightly yellowish, more pale than beige. I wonder is that color due to the effect of anti-reflection coating internally that caused such "discoloration". While it's nice to have some red hands, the minute and hour counter as well as the Chronograph, to complement with the off-white lumed indexes on dial and the time telling hour, minute, seconds hands... the glossy black frames on the latter 3 makes the hands looked more smaller from far. The movement is not decorated with blue screws or milling patterns, not even the rotor is bearing the KEMNER's label. But that's not a major concern. The case is polished in all parts, including the back case and the crown as well as the chrono pushers, so as the bracelet with butterfly clasp. The polished parts is my major concern, where they're easily prone to be scratched easily, since i'm working in a harsh environment. Well... i guess i'll have this classed as one another dress watch to my collection. Heee~~~

Without further ado... all the pics galore!
    ===================================
    Hot off the post office counter couple of hours ago...

My first encounter with KEMNER's product. Come packed in a large envelope with lots of stamps from GERMANY.

First thing to come out of the package, a separate box of watch tools for strap change

The supplied polished bracelet, which doesn't feel light at all, pretty solid and finely built!

So... the watch is here! So as a spare strap changing tool... as well as a contact/business card. Where's the warranty card?

Surprisingly, this watch box can be double use as an traveling case for 2 watches! Haaa~~~

Onto the watch, the polished case...

...and the polished pushers and crown.

Undecorated movement and rotor.

Supplied strap too stiff, and buckle type.

Even though the dial is carbon Ash Black, the glossy Black framed hands making it look much smaller from far... Light reflection on the slightly domed sapphire glass shows some hint of anti-reflective coating.

When i compare the KEMNER Flieger Chrono with the rest of the watches i had so far, the workmanship is on par with watches from STEINHART as well as UHR. There are both good and poor points on the KEMNER Flieger Chrono.
    First of all, the price point. If i'm to compare this against STEINHART's 44mm Nav.B Chrono, the price difference may not be that far apart considering that the sales package on this is much attractive with the addition of strap changing tool, additional strap(although in some case, STEINHART may include an extra strap for free... ). I've not get a Guinand Chronograph yet, but their most budget friendly model should be on par with KEMNER's offer on pricing.
    Next, built quality. From the combination of movement, case, watch glass as well as the lume, dial and index layout... KEMNER's Flieger Chrono may not loose out to STEINHART's Nav.B Chrono, even though the movement is not decorated. The workmanship quality is competitive to other makes from other makers.

Will i go for another KEMNER's watch again? That depends. As i had pointed out, KEMNER's release of model options is pretty limited. Plus, with the rising cost on the movements, i will have to see to what extent and specs KEMNER may offer next. I'll certainly get another KEMNER if all fields of expectation favors.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X