Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stowa Flieger Handwinding 6498

Hi All,

I'm seeking out advice from ex and current Stowa owners.

I'm very interested in the above mentioned and have a few queries:

1. Is the shipping time usually accurate? 3 months is a pretty long time. Would it arrive earlier than the ETA?

2. How's the fitment of the Stowa like? I've tried the Laco locally and don't like the fitting on my skinny wrist as I found it uncomfortable.

3. Any one fitted their Flieger with a leather croc strap? Could i trouble you for some pictures?

I sincerely hope to join the Stowa club soon. Cheers!
    Royal Oak Chrono 26300 | Luminor GMT 233 | Submariner 114060 | Flieger 6498 | Sistem51 SUTB400 | G-Rescue G7900

I think I can share some experience on the first two questions having owned both Stowa and Laco.

1. The estimated shipping time is usually quite accurate. Not all models take 3 months. For example some chrono models have a waiting time of about one month but the popular flieger and marine models normally take 3 months.

2. If you are comparing with the 42mm Laco fliegers with ETA movement and straight lugs that are said to be true to its original design, then yes I find these Lacos not very comfortable to wear and don't look very nice as they don't wrap around the wrist nicely. The Stowa 41mm case wears well and looks good and comes with more superior strap imo.

By the way I have 6.2" wrists.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      I think I can share some experience on the first two questions having owned both Stowa and Laco.

1. The estimated shipping time is usually quite accurate. Not all models take 3 months. For example some chrono models have a waiting time of about one month but the popular flieger and marine models normally take 3 months.

2. If you are comparing with the 42mm Laco fliegers with ETA movement and straight lugs that are said to be true to its original design, then yes I find these Lacos not very comfortable to wear and don't look very nice as they don't wrap around the wrist nicely. The Stowa 41mm case wears well and looks good and comes with more superior strap imo.

By the way I have 6.2" wrists.
      Thanks Pegasi for the advice!

I feel the same about the 42mm Laco Fliegers after trying them out. By the way, I found the local mark ups a bit on the high side and even if I were to get a Laco, it would be from the online stores.

I'm also considering the blue croc strap to be exact to match the blue hour and minute hands. Haha! Hope it wouldn't look weird on a pilot watch.
      Royal Oak Chrono 26300 | Luminor GMT 233 | Submariner 114060 | Flieger 6498 | Sistem51 SUTB400 | G-Rescue G7900

Comment

Anyone out there with a stowa flieger in a classic leather strap (e.g. croc, gator, etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by IwishIwasToneDeaf View Post
          Anyone out there with a stowa flieger in a classic leather strap (e.g. croc, gator, etc.)?
          Maybe you can google to see if you can find some images of the combination you want.

Personally I don't find such fliegers look good in croc/gator but it's a matter of personal taste.

The default darkbrown flieger strap that comes with the Stowa Flieger Handwinding 6498 looks really nice to me. You can sell the strap to me or on the forum if you don't like after receiving it
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I have the 2801 LE and it came with a pair of old style straps. I think the watch looks great on the brown old style strap.
            Saw some pics online with croc and certain combi seemed to be pulled off quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Maybe you can google to see if you can find some images of the combination you want.

Personally I don't find such fliegers look good in croc/gator but it's a matter of personal taste.

The default darkbrown flieger strap that comes with the Stowa Flieger Handwinding 6498 looks really nice to me. You can sell the strap to me or on the forum if you don't like after receiving it
              Yes you will be first in queue Pegasi. =)

I'm so close to clicking the "check out" button!!!

Comment

Originally posted by schiz View Post
                I have the 2801 LE and it came with a pair of old style straps. I think the watch looks great on the brown old style strap.
                Saw some pics online with croc and certain combi seemed to be pulled off quite well.
                That's a real beauty! I love how simple and clean the fliegers look.

I guess the only way to find out is to buy the straps and fit it. But i'm a little hesitant to do so as well. From experience, I bought like 5 straps for my pam online and ended up still re-using the original. Darn!

Comment

So has anyone actually ordered one of these? How does it look in the flesh?

Comment

Here the pics...

Comment

Oh my...
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

@Darthng that's a real beauty! Is it for sale? =p

I might just be giving up the idea of the 6498 version because it is kinda illogical for a flieger to not have a "seconds" hand!

I'm most probably going back to basics with the Flieger without Logo and without Date.

Can someone explain how does their payment work? Do I only pay when the watch is ready to be shipped?

Comment

This flieger is only 2 mths old so no intention of selling at the moment.
                          Owned the 2801 B dial 33 pcs limited before & I prefer the bigger case of this 6498 version.

Stowa will contact u for payment when they started making your watch.

Comment

Thank for the info @darthng.

Actually I kinda regretted posting the last statement. After a couple of hours of research, beside the "seconds" hand issue, there were just too many more things that I liked about the 6498:

1. Bigger case (both width and height).
                            2. Anti reflective coating on front crystal.
                            3. Beautiful view of the movement via the exhibition case.
                            4. Wider strap with white stitchings.
                            5. Hand wound movement.
                            6. Engraved side without having to pay extra.

So yes, I took the plunge and already placed my order! I can't wait!!!!!!

Comment

No problem. Both version are nice. Do note that u will need to have a FedEx account when the watch is ready to be shipped.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X