Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments appreciate on Maurice Lacroix watch

Hi there everyone,

I have been lately scouting for watches and a Maurice Lacroix watch caught my eyes.
    I do not nothing anything about this make of watch and likings are generally based on its appearance.

Can somebody give some comments on this particular brand. I like to highlight that the piece is not a limited edition or high end ranged.

I do not know much about this brand. I reckon it used to be more popular many years ago but lose its lustre some how. Not too bad a brand and I recall they do have their own in-house movement too (the "ML106" or something). May be worth a consideration if price is not exhorbitant.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks bro Oceanklassik,

Unfortunately the piece is say is not using their in house movement, of course its due to the price also.. After discount its only like 2.8k... i liked the design though... but cannot decide if i should buy or not... perhaps decide after more inputs from the other brothers here.

Comment

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Le Chronographe using the inhouse movement ML106
        but sadly most ML are using ETA base
        Last edited by skydweller_sg; 07-02-13, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Pros and cons of in house movement. For not so prominent brands, like ml, it'll be better if you bring it back to agent for repairs and servicing but cost will be higher. And you pay a lot more for the watch if it's an inhouse movement.

For eta movements, you are spoilt for choice asnto who to bring it to for and repair. Most watch makers can do it for a fraction of the cost ofmbringing it back to the agent. Furthermore, eta movements have been around longer than most in house movements and as such has a proven and better track record.

I've always liked ml watches. I haven't owned one yet, but like ts said, it's th aethestics that got me to like it. I reckon I will get one in due time. Maybe one of the prints using the 7753 movements.
          I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

personally I've always liked ML.

It's an under-rated brand, you don't see it often on stranger's wrist on the street.

Their models are mainly on the dress side with more well known series under Masterpiece series & their retrograde models.

Pontos are on the sportier side but it's nice as well.

Comment

Thanks for all inputs, would also like to ask given that to choose between Baume & Mercier against ML.
              Which will be a better option?

Comment

Originally posted by SpEr View Post
                Hi there everyone,

I have been lately scouting for watches and a Maurice Lacroix watch caught my eyes.
                I do not nothing anything about this make of watch and likings are generally based on its appearance.

Can somebody give some comments on this particular brand. I like to highlight that the piece is not a limited edition or high end ranged.
                I like the understatedness of the Maurice Lacroix brand. I do own a piece, the Pontos Chrono with the 7750 movement. They make some v nice looking pieces as well. Below is a pic of my 4 yr old ML.

Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                  I like the understatedness of the Maurice Lacroix brand. I do own a piece, the Pontos Chrono with the 7750 movement. They make some v nice looking pieces as well. Below is a pic of my 4 yr old ML.

If you wan people around you to go wow!!! nice watch or attract alot of nice attn, then ML is not the brand but if you like the brand and its designs, then by all means go ahead. Its a decent watch maker and it is one of the brands I Love and adore. Next on my wish list would be the Squelette Le Chronographe.

Comment

Originally posted by SpEr View Post
                    Thanks for all inputs, would also like to ask given that to choose between Baume & Mercier against ML.
                    Which will be a better option?
                    I personally feel there are on par in terms of quality. But b&m has gotten pricier IMO. So thismkinda makes ml a little more vfm. E.g. My sis bought. Ml ladies full calendar with mop dial and diamond bezel about a year plus, almost 2 years ago for $4k+. I recently enquirer with the same ad and they are willing to offer me the same price.

Ml is probably where b&m was a few years ago in terms of brand recognition. B&m is probably a year or two ahead in the marketing arena. They have also upped the ante a little with the redesigning of the capeland range last year as well as the introduction of the ljp flyback movement in one of the wtchesin the capeland range.
                    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

my lady colleague ML 67839, an older model, her daily beater

Comment

I Love Maurice Lacroix! Its rare to find ladies wearing a Maurice Lacroix watch. I do not think I have ever met anyone on the street wearing a Maurice Lacroix too.

Comment

same here.

I've yet to see a ML out in the wild,haha

my colleague's the first

Comment

it does look nice, go for it as imo eta based watches are very reliable even though they are nothing 'special'.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X