Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baume & Mercier classima executive watches

Hi all,

I am new here and would like some advise. I am looking to get a Baume & Mercier watch and am wondering what is the usual discounts given at the ADs. Or if anyone has any recommendation on where to get them? Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!

I'm not sure about the discount but I've seen this brand carried by Watches of Switzerland (WOS).
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The classima is a beautiful watch. Which model are you thinking of? I got mine at cortina at raffles city a few years back. The 8688. The discount was quite good although I can't quite remember how much. I paid about 2.9k for that watch but the discount was probably better then because I got another baume for my wife which eventually cost about 3.9k.

However, I would suggest you get the SS bracelet version if possible and get an after-market leather if you want. Seems the bracelet costs about 700 if you want to get it separately and the original leather strap can cost about 200-300?

All the best in your search.

Originally posted by Thebread View Post
      Hi all,

I am new here and would like some advise. I am looking to get a Baume & Mercier watch and am wondering what is the usual discounts given at the ADs. Or if anyone has any recommendation on where to get them? Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!

Comment

Oceanklassik: Oic, WOS was not listed on the main website of Baume so I did not know that they carry them. Thanks, will check them out when I can!

MotoMarc: That is the exact same model that I was aiming (the 8688) for but I am keeping my options open as well, any other watches around that price range that I should be looking at as well? Thanks!

Comment

We got same taste ah? Well, it's very difficult to get an opening in the front of the watch without making it look to messy. This watch looks mesmerizing. But one warning though, the stock croc leather strap is a bit long, mabe I have small wrists but the AD will suggest you don't punch another hole or adjust the length too much, so if you're like me and have small wrists, then you will have a watch that can spin round your wrists.

Can consider the SS bracelet version, though that would increase the price by about a few hundred dollars.

In the same price range you will find a lot of watches, but if you are aiming for a special dress watch, then I think this is a fairly good choice. If you are thinking of budget more than the watch, well, you can get quite a few nice watches though not dressy.

For example, you might be able to get a tag, longines and sinn.

Maybe pop by millennia square? They have a cortina which sells the baume, and an hour glass for other brands. You might even be able to check out red army watches as well.

Oceanklassik: Oic, WOS was not listed on the main website of Baume so I did not know that they carry them. Thanks, will check them out when I can!

MotoMarc: That is the exact same model that I was aiming (the 8688) for but I am keeping my options open as well, any other watches around that price range that I should be looking at as well? Thanks!

Comment

B&M is a very under rated brand. I have two B&M classima executive pieces. - the 8589 (chrono) and the 8462 (GMT). Not sure about the discount now but back when i got them quite some time back, I paid less than $1.9k for the GMT and $2.5k for the chrono each. It was more than 30% discount iirc. These two started the infection.

I'm still drawn to their offerings, particularly the new capeland chrono using the LJP flyback movement.
            I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
            http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Hi all,

I think I was offered 25% just last week at sincere. But we have not gotten down to serious nego though.

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                B&M is a very under rated brand. I have two B&M classima executive pieces. - the 8589 (chrono) and the 8462 (GMT). Not sure about the discount now but back when i got them quite some time back, I paid less than $1.9k for the GMT and $2.5k for the chrono each. It was more than 30% discount iirc. These two started the infection.

I'm still drawn to their offerings, particularly the new capeland chrono using the LJP flyback movement.
                Yea, I find their designs very simple and yet classy at the same time. I have been going around and only been offered 25% max discount, guess I am not asking the correct questions?

Comment

Originally posted by agong View Post
                  I think I was offered 25% just last week at sincere. But we have not gotten down to serious nego though.
                  Same I got offered 25% at Cortina as well.. guy refuses to budge though :/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X