Breitling in house movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breitling in house movement

Anyone wearing the inhouse movement B01 ? How is it compare to the eta movement ?

Originally posted by jieming View Post
    Anyone wearing the inhouse movement B01 ? How is it compare to the eta movement ?
    I bought my grail, Chronomat 01 LE with the calibre 01 last year in Oct during my Switzerland trip. All brands have their lemons, B01 is no exception. One common issue u might face with B01 is that the time will lose about 10 sec per day which is out of COSC specs. Basically the watch needs time to settle down which eventually the problem might be resolved. For mine, I sent the watch in for a check in Dec and found the amplitude low. Guess it might have been sitting in the AD for too long. However since after the service, the watch runs extremely great at about 1 sec gain per day and most of the time, even right on the dot! I compared it with my Casio Quartz watch and pleased to discover that it was even more accurate than my quartz. However there are many owners in US who faced issues with B01. But if you ask me, not an ounce of regret. I am a sucker for in-house movement and if you love Breitling as a brand you got to get one with in-house. IMO their calibre 01 is the most beautiful movement that I have ever seen. It is not overly decorated until to the extent that it looks fake. It has that "raw" look which fits an "instrument for professionals" image very well....to me it looks nicer than many geneva seal movements. Therefore having said that u might wanna consider getting one with a display caseback to admire the movement. ETA movements have been around for decades and have been improved near perfection. However now and then I do come across many users facing problems with them. If you ask me I will definitely choose B01 over an ETA for the exclusivity. Features wise, 3 days power reserve is just nice for me because I feel that 2 days is too short, also you do not have to worry about "danger zone" when adjusting the date for B01 which means more convenience on usage. Overall Performance of my B01 has been perfect IMO, maybe I am one of the few lucky ones. But do get yr watch from an AD in order to have the 5 years warranty just in case. Hope u find my feedback useful.

Comment

Likewise with my transocean unitime. 10 sec slow per day on B05 caliber. Not sure takes how long to settle down...

Comment

Originally posted by Curtin View Post
        Likewise with my transocean unitime. 10 sec slow per day on B05 caliber. Not sure takes how long to settle down...
        How long have u bought yr TO? If more than a mth it might be good to send in for a check. Utilizing yr warranty is not a bad thing

Comment

Overseas now, back 2 mths time. If no warranty cert, any idea how much Breitling service centre charge for regulation? Tks

Comment

Yes I am wearing a breitling chronomat b01. Very good in house movement +/- 3 sec per day

Comment

Originally posted by Curtin View Post
              Overseas now, back 2 mths time. If no warranty cert, any idea how much Breitling service centre charge for regulation? Tks
              Oh u bought from grey market? Not sure about the cost, maybe a few hundred? But it depends on the cause of the issue. My suggestion is to get it checked soon. If the issue is caused by other reasons like friction due to reducing lubrication then it is going to cost more if u delay sending in as the damage will get worst overtime resulting in higher servicing costs.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X