No announcement yet.

JLC Master Control vs Master Compressor series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok. today i went to check out the MCC2 ... almost want to pull the trigger until i discover the chronograph hand (red) is not 100% (perfect) align at 12 o'clock. the store manager dare to tell me, it's normal. in my mind, i was thinking how can a JLC high quality watch comes with "misalignment" - it's unacceptable, no?

the chronograph hand (red) is pointing "leaning to" the last milisecond on the left instead of the triangle ...

Comment

this is user (1983leofender) picture ... does it look like misalignment - pointing to the last millisecond?

Last edited by wt_know; 01-03-13, 01:53 PM.

Comment

any comment on the red chronograph hand not 100% align at 12 o'clock?

Comment

Originally posted by wt_know View Post
          This is unacceptable & I am surprised that the manager told you that it's normal! Well, it's far from normal cos JLC is a very reputable brand & it's said that it's a watchmaker's watch, so I dont think you should compromise. After all, it's not a cheap piece with 3rd party movement. However, this problem could be easier fixed by Richmont, just a small adjustment but that might take a week. I think you can look at other Sincere outlets for another piece. Have you tried Suntec? The manager there is pretty friendly.
          I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
          Alfa 33
          Alfa 147
          Alfa GT
          Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
          Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

hi turboducky,

thanks for your comment. yes, i went to suntec. and that's is the only MCC2 piece for sincere
            i rephrase ... the lady who told me 'normal' may not be the store manager but i'm sure she is senior

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
            This is unacceptable & I am surprised that the manager told you that it's normal! Well, it's far from normal cos JLC is a very reputable brand & it's said that it's a watchmaker's watch, so I dont think you should compromise. After all, it's not a cheap piece with 3rd party movement. However, this problem could be easier fixed by Richmont, just a small adjustment but that might take a week. I think you can look at other Sincere outlets for another piece. Have you tried Suntec? The manager there is pretty friendly.

Comment

just returned from msia good friday long weekend holiday
              stay in the garden hotel in mid valley
              the garden mall got sincere and hour glass

jlc master compressor chronograph 2

singapore sincere = sgd15,800 x 15% disc

malaysia sincere = myr36,100 x 20% disc = myr28,880 = sgd11,700 = 26% disc on singapore price

just want to share this lobang

i did not buy. if serious next time, must change enough myr before walking into the shop
              Last edited by wt_know; 02-04-13, 01:55 PM.

Comment

is this a real JLC MCC 2

how come the second hand is "white" instead of "red"
                the case back also don't have the signature 18k gold master compressor

Comment

Possible parallax issue. Notice 2 things - first, all your 3 photos appear to be taken from a position that is slightly to the right of the watch. Second, the red chrono hand is far away from the dial surface (expected as it is the 3rd hand). So any viewing or photo taken from the right will show the hand pointing a bit to the left.

Compare this to the small red hand on the sub-dial at 3 o'clock - that hand is very close to the surface of the dial, so you have no noticeable parallax error.

The only way to be sure whether there is actually any misalignment is, the next time you are checking a watch, use only one eye to view and make sure your viewing eye is directly above the 12 o'clock position; and make sure photos are taken directly head on too.

Comment

just returned from msia good friday long weekend holiday
                    stay in the garden hotel in mid valley
                    the garden mall got sincere and hour glass

jlc master compressor chronograph 2

singapore sincere = sgd15,800 x 15% disc

malaysia sincere = myr36,100 x 20% disc = myr28,880 = sgd11,700 = 26% disc on singapore price

just want to share this lobang

i did not buy. if serious next time, must change enough myr before walking into the shop
                    Maybe next time you walk in the local AD, check whether they will give you a discount that will price match the Malaysian price. Then let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
                      Let's see, a Master Control is more dressy with cufflinks while Master Compressor is more rugged which will look very nice when you are in jeans although it does look pretty at home with work shirts too. Both are very good watches & I guess you will have to use your heart to decide. I have some older models, so have a look.
                      I'm looking at the Master Geographic, Master Compressor Geographic, but I have one question for you - do you find the date on a sub-dial small and hard to read?

An alternative for me would be the Master Hometime, Master Compressor GMT with date window. But apart from the date, I like the other features on the Geographic better.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X