Is this vintage Seiko legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this vintage Seiko legit?

Was surfing around a fairly well-regarded watch site (its frequently referred to by Hodinkee's), and I saw this vintage Seiko on sale for USD 550 --> http://wannabuyawatch.com/indpages/35597.html

Like, wow! Never seen anything like it - Almost an Omega moonwatch, but with the subdial of a vintage Seiko bullhead... And the days appear to be in Arabic??

Has anyone ever seen this before? The description appended beside the image doesn't seem to be for the right watch. Hence, I don't even have a model number to cross-reference anywhere... Am very tempted though!

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
    Was surfing around a fairly well-regarded watch site (its frequently referred to by Hodinkee's), and I saw this vintage Seiko on sale for USD 550 --> http://wannabuyawatch.com/indpages/35597.html

Like, wow! Never seen anything like it - Almost an Omega moonwatch, but with the subdial of a vintage Seiko bullhead... And the days appear to be in Arabic??

Has anyone ever seen this before? The description appended beside the image doesn't seem to be for the right watch. Hence, I don't even have a model number to cross-reference anywhere... Am very tempted though!
    looks fake
    Daily Beater: Citizen BN0150-10E Eco-Drive Promaster Diver

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post

The watch is a 6139 automatic single register chrono circa 1970s , but the description is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jieming View Post
        The watch is a 6139 automatic single register chrono circa 1970s , but the description is wrong.
        Yup, after searching for quite long I did eventually find a Japanese website link with a description of the watch - thanks for confirming!

I do agree that it looks rather new-ish for a 70's piece though, and I had (still have) some doubts about it. Its alright, the 'feeling' has blown over, will continue saving for my snowflake ...

Thanks all for the feedback!

Comment

dude,that is 6139-6040

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X