Seiko Spring Drive - Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko Spring Drive - Advice

I have been liking watches for sometime but has yet to make a move until now as I've somehow been hit by a Seiko Virus, especially their SD movement.

1. Would like to gather some information from you guys the models that uses SD within Seiko. I am sold by this movement because of this statement, "Spring Drive is the only watch whose hands' motion reflects the true nature of time."

2. BUT... at the moment, I am currently considering either the Submariner or Monster and have yet to hit the shops to check things out. I've read different reviews on the Monster which has been attractive but the Submariner? Any opinions on my shortlist?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

If there's anyone selling the mentioned, do let me know too!

Comment

This is to hit my 5th post so that I can do a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupidbear View Post
        1. Would like to gather some information from you guys the models that uses SD within Seiko. I am sold by this movement because of this statement, "Spring Drive is the only watch whose hands' motion reflects the true nature of time."

2. BUT... at the moment, I am currently considering either the Submariner or Monster and have yet to hit the shops to check things out. I've read different reviews on the Monster which has been attractive but the Submariner? Any opinions on my shortlist?

Any advice is appreciated.
        there are many models that has an SD movement. you should google for that information.

i assume when you say submariner, you mean the 031 model?

if so, the difference would be in water resistance: the sub model is WR to 100m, the monster to 200m.

both watches wear differently, and IMO, the monster looks more rugged. however, due to the integrated chapter ring in the monster, your options for "modifications" will lessen.

both watches utilizes the same movements and should perform comparably, and as with seiko watches of this price, is a bit hit and miss with regards to accuracy.

otherwise, they are both nice durable seikos!
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Hi,

just a simple short input.

With the monster and the submariner, you are looking at a range of 200 - 700+ buck for first hand or preowned.

With a SD, you are looking at 2000bucks upwards. So its really a different class of watches you are looking at so hard to compare. And personally, it takes a little acquired taste to pay so much for a seiko though i believe i heard that their accuracy for SD is legendary...
          Currently own:
          Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
          Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
          Blue Dial/Silver Markers
          Seiko SNZG15K1
          Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
          Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
          Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
          Omega Seamaster 2254.50
          Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Sorry for hi-jacking..

Hi Guys, how about SBBN 015 Tuna ? Is it worth to spend thousand over dollars for this Seiko?

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
              Hi Guys, how about SBBN 015 Tuna ? Is it worth to spend thousand over dollars for this Seiko?
              it's got a nice movement, it's well built, but i'm unsure if i am able to wear it daily/regularly due to its size.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

sbbn15 and 17 is wearable for everyday beater.

if you talking about darth tuna and emperor tuna.... both is above 47mm... then maybe not suitable for everyday beater....cant even go into shirt sleeve i believe...

nice model, but again it just round model....easily bored with it for sure.
                "It is not the watch, but purely is you who define the watch..." -pst666-

List: Montres de Luxe P48 Thunderbolt Chrono, ECW Panhard -M8D-
                whist: IWC Aquatimer Galapagos Island

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X