Seiko Servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kah View Post
    Same case for me, send my Diver watch for service and found out the back cover wasnt close properly and water seep through. Went back and they told me i should have check 1st after i collected my watch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its our fault to send it for servicing there.
    That very bad. So did they do anything for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vonduos View Post
      Hi All, Any idea how long it takes to service a watch in Japan ?
      I may be flying to Chicago via Japan so can transit there for free while waiting for the watch to be serviced.
      no service can be done so quickly by seiko japan. my previous experience tells me it takes 9 weeks for an automatic chronograph full service (sbds001) and 4 weeks for a capacitor upgrade + kinetic quartz movement COA. i did it through higuchi.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Just to share my story.

Last year I bought a SUMO from Japan, it running -1/day out from the box till 4 months later i dropped the watch on a carpeted floor. Luckily no ding no dent but slow down by 15 sec the next day, i send it to Seiko Service Center (Bangkok) and told them what happened. Technician told me needed a service due to the oil had leaked out and might need to change the main spring too, in my heart thinking why need a service which my watch is still so new, why not just change the main spring only? Anyway, i ask them how much. She told me service without changing the main spring is Thb 600 = S$25 and if change the main spring too it will add another Thb 400 =Thb 1,000 = S$42, need not to consider i told her to change it.

7 Days later collected my watch and start timing it, disappointed +6/day but after 1 month and i think the watch had settle down it running on the spot.

6R15 really super and Bangkok Seiko good service and cheap, maybe you guys can consider.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Indeed a very good alternative.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X