Authenticating Omega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authenticating Omega

Lai ah, any experienced omega buyer/seller here can help me? Thinking of buying a pre-owned Omega, for peace of mind, i want to authenticate the watch, i know need to go down to either the service centre at Keppel Bay Tower or the service counter at Marina Bay Sands?

Any bro or sis here ever do it? How much will it cost? will they give me a letter or cert of authenticity? Does it involve opening up the watch? any consequence that i need to be aware of?

To answer my own question, just did it at swatch service centre. Basically they will not issue any certificate/letter but will only tell u verbally that the watch is indeed in their database etc....

Comment

Hi Hi,

Did they have to open the watch? And may I know how much it cost, if you gotta pay?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewT View Post
        Hi Hi,

Did they have to open the watch? And may I know how much it cost, if you gotta pay?
        They can open the watch to check the movement if you want, they charge S$15 for it, but no report or certificate of authenticity will be issued, so no paper proof that the watch is authentic, plus they will give you the party line about can't promise that the factory WR rating of the watch isn't compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
          They can open the watch to check the movement if you want, they charge S$15 for it, but no report or certificate of authenticity will be issued, so no paper proof that the watch is authentic, plus they will give you the party line about can't promise that the factory WR rating of the watch isn't compromised.

i went to the swatch service centre to authenticate a glashutte original. there was no need to open up the case back, they offered a receipt that mentioned the condition of the watch (e.g. scratches on caseback etc). they will also verbally convey that watch is authentic.

if need to open up caseback, they cant guarantee the waterproofing. but since this is the service centre, i think they would know what they are doing...

Comment

thanks for the info provided. its useful for us.

Comment

I have heard rumors of shining some light on the logo. Not sure if its true. Any takers on this?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X