Yet another Bienne restoration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Bienne restoration question

Any folks here have experience sending an Omega to Bienne for restoration? I've got their email and will drop them an inquiry once I have hands on the watch, but I was wondering if anyone has first-hand experience in this to share...?

I did send one back to Bienne to restore about 2 years back.
    Bring the watch to Swatch Group service center and they will assess the watch on the spot for noticeble issues.
    You would then have to wait about a week or more while to sent the watch to Bienne for a quotation. They will either call you or email you once they recieve the quotation from Bienne. Irregardless if you accept or reject this quotation, you will have to pay a small fee ( I believe it was below $100) to get your watch back.

If you decided to go ahead with the restoration, prepare to wait a few months (3-6 months). Once the watch is back with Swatch Group Singapore, you will recieve a call to arrange for collection.

Before:

After Bienne's restoration:

Comment

I just sent a vintage omega for restoration, had to pay $100 up front for them to take your watch in and send it to Bienne. Took about a month plus to get back to me with a quote and actual work will take another 2 to 3 months. Cost was heinous more than 3 times what the watch is worth now, so only for pieces with sentimental value. Plus side is they promise a 2 year warranty after the service. One thing I did not like about the process is that they hold your watch ransom, their disclaimer is that if you refuse their quotation for restoration, they will not guarantee that they can return your watch to you in working condition which I feel totally sucks....sounds like you better agree and pay us or else...

Comment

Thanks guys. It turns out that Bienne no longer has stock of the parts necessary to service my watch... So suck thumb.

If anyone has advice on where I can locally source replacement parts for a vintage Omega (e.g. bezel, crystal) - I would be much obliged. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
          Thanks guys. It turns out that Bienne no longer has stock of the parts necessary to service my watch... So suck thumb.

If anyone has advice on where I can locally source replacement parts for a vintage Omega (e.g. bezel, crystal) - I would be much obliged. TIA.

Bro, try contact watchco from Aus....they are expert when it come to restore omega . Just drop them an email...their response is almost immediate
          My Current Collection :
          Rolex Submariner 116610LN
          Rolex Submariner 116610LV aka Hulk
          Rolex Airking 14000
          Panerai Submersible Special Edition 364
          Panerai Luminor 112
          Omega speed master moonwatch 3570.50
          Tissot Visodate

Sold and regretted since then
          Rolex Submariner 16610
          Rolex GMT 116710LN
          Rolex Explorer 16570 ( Polar)
          Tudor heritage Black Bay
          Omega speed master moonwatch 3873.50
          Omega speed master pre-moon C321
          Panerai Submersible 24

Comment

You may wish to try STS in UK - http://www.swisstimeservices.co.uk/
            Good luck!

Ender
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

Thanks for both the suggestions. I will drop STS an email, although I would not be surprised if they don't have the parts since they're affiliated with Omega @ Bienne? Nevertheless, one must try...

What's the watchco email? I tried both the vicnet and the yahoo one (johannaclarke), have yet to get a response.

TIA!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X