Speedy pro or Numbered edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy pro or Numbered edition?

Like most of you out here, the period for bonus has arrived! Looking to spend it on a watch and decided to get the speedmaster.

Did a few research online but am currently torn between the 2 (Speedy pro and the numbered edition)

I'm inclined to get the numbered edition as
    1) I have a small wrist, 40mm fits better vs 42mm of the pro
    2) kinda prefer the sapphire crystal vs hesalite as I worked in an office and it looks more valued to get the sapphire crystal than the hesalite.

On the other hand, the speedy pro looks really nice with the moonwatch presentation box. I've not seen the prices in the retail outlets, so I checked online and they are both retailing at roughly the same price (correct me if im wrong).

To all bros out there, any advice whether I should get the pro instead? Also, I'll be travelling to Europe soon, should I get the watch there instead?

Thanks!

i like the numbered edition because of the lugs and lack of crown guard, although it's wears thicker than the pro, it is more of a throwback to the original...

for me, 40mm vs 42mm was not an issue as i prefer smaller watches even though my wrist is fairly big.

i didn't like the sapphire, but it's not like i had a choice... so i'm used to it now. the 19mm lugs and lack of a bracelet is troublesome, but i know i can buy/order brand new omega old-style end links + bracelet for this watch... but it's at an added cost.

i think the speedy pro will almost always be available to buy down the road, but the FOIS is, comparatively, rarer. if it came in acrylic, it will be near perfect for me.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Hmm guess its time for me to pay the stores a visit and try them on. I'll probably just go with the leather strap till it wears out before getting the bracelet (hopefully I'll wear it frequently then!), since I'll unlikely be selling it.

Thanks!

Comment

Couldnt edit my previous post, does anyone knows the best place to get the Omega? Would Singapore be better or EU (where I'll be travelling to next year)?

Comment

Wow TS i ve been looking out for the exact same models to buy. Only checked out the FOIS at the changi airport departure, think it would be perfect if it came with a bracelet as bro taxico mentioned. Still haven't decided which to get but anyways good luck in your purchase and hope there's more advice from the bros here! Seen the new presentation box but it seems to increase the price substantially

Comment

Really? I checked online on the authenticwatches.com and both watches are retailing at the same price (before discount). My friend bought a few watches there before and he mentioned its reliable.

How much does it cost at the airport with the GST break (for both)?

Comment

The FOIS was S$5890 after 8% disc and no GST at the airport, forgotten bout the 3570.50 paiseh haha. The speedy pro with new presentation box comes with a diff serial number 311.xxx..... with a different price tag if my memory didn't fail me. Did google about it a while back. If you dnt mind can update me with the prices when u find out bro, thks. Checked out the Omega retail shop think its 5% disc only and watches of Switzerland 8%.

Comment

Definitely! Will check them out in the next few weeks when I fly again. Wow! How did you manage to get 8% discount on top of no GST at the airport? Have never been able to do that!

Comment

i bought mine from an AD in the USA via email after they told me the serial number of the watch. at the time i bought it, the grey units were only a few hundred dollars cheaper so i went with the AD instead. he shipped out of state to me in new york, so i paid no sales tax.

i think it was about SG$5.5k.

out of habit, i try not to wear the leather straps that come with my watches - the OEM straps are usually overpriced if they need to be replaced AND i prefer using a synthetic strap.

the strap and buckle on the FOIS is nothing special... you can do better!

if i remember correctly, the bracelet code is 1125 and end links are 560 or 860 (default).
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X