Help & Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help & Advice needed

Howdy folks, I refer to the above-mentioned watch which is a SMP chrono. I read from other forums that this timers and buttons for this baby can go "bonkers" at times. In addition, if this watch is being sent for servicing, it would prob take eons to come back but that's another issue althogether.

Anyone has this baby and what's yr take on it?

Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

p.s. retail is 4750 but got 15% discount. Some outlets can purportedly offer higher discounts.
    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
    "Foreign affections"
    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
    What's NEXT?

the latest model.
    "Foreign affections"
    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
    What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post

Howdy folks, I refer to the above-mentioned watch which is a SMP chrono. I read from other forums that this timers and buttons for this baby can go "bonkers" at times. In addition, if this watch is being sent for servicing, it would prob take eons to come back but that's another issue althogether.

Anyone has this baby and what's yr take on it?

Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

p.s. retail is 4750 but got 15% discount. Some outlets can purportedly offer higher discounts.
      You interested in getting eh?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        You interested in getting eh?
        yah. rollie gmt prices going way toooo crazy.
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        What's NEXT?

Comment

Ever considered the omega 300 M Chrono Diver? The bracelet and colour is close to the rollie GMT and it is not as common as the seamaster. Seen too much sellers on the blue chrono rather than the black one. I got a quote on the black chrono still contemplating on it.

I would prefer the black chrono as the logo is emblazoned on the top of the face, though the blue one comes with the 'wavy blue lines'. Personally, I would go for the black chrono, as it is not as common.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi there Bros
            Need some advice ard here..
            To the TS i have no intention of hijacking your thread..
            Would like to know which local AD's give gd discounts for Omega SMP
            Looking at 2254.50.00 or 2255.80.00
            And please indicate location of AD's..
            If cannot post openly pls do PM me..
            Thanks.......................................
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

bro feudallordcult,

I hear its true.. cos an ex-colleague of mine KPKB after his trip to SWATCH... took 2months and cost in the region of S$500 to $600+ for a button repair + servicing.. he regretted after that and maybe looking to dump it then (happen ard Jan this yr).. not sure if he was successful in ditching it or not lah....

But despite his discouraging incident, I will still look at a PO.. if you wana sell it later, PM me hor. kekkee

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

few yrs ago, one of the buttons of my speedmaster dropped without me knowing, and water got into watch. sent to swatch for button replacement + repair..cost me $500++ too...

but after that one off incident, the speedmaster been fine so far, just that it was neglected by me coz of new arrivals....

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                bro feudallordcult,

I hear its true.. cos an ex-colleague of mine KPKB after his trip to SWATCH... took 2months and cost in the region of S$500 to $600+ for a button repair + servicing.. he regretted after that and maybe looking to dump it then (happen ard Jan this yr).. not sure if he was successful in ditching it or not lah....

But despite his discouraging incident, I will still look at a PO.. if you wana sell it later, PM me hor. kekkee

Comment

Originally posted by Tomaski33 View Post
                  Hi there Bros
                  Need some advice ard here..
                  To the TS i have no intention of hijacking your thread..
                  Would like to know which local AD's give gd discounts for Omega SMP
                  Looking at 2254.50.00 or 2255.80.00
                  And please indicate location of AD's..
                  If cannot post openly pls do PM me..
                  Thanks.......................................
                  WTF?! no intention but still post? no problem lah, we are here to share. what i am abt to share is somewhat frowned upon by swtach group but widely practised by certain ADs.

ADs are currently authorised to give up to 15% discount. Rumour has it that after Nov 08, the discount will be cut further to 13%, how true this will be is anyone's guess.

Now, some ADs can give discounts above 15% but there will NO official receipt that states the Omega model you have purchased. Everything else except the invoice. I know cos when my wife bought me the SMP chrono, the AD gave her a pretty substantial discount. She then used the savings to buy me dinner at some jap restaurant.

Omega watches are pretty much available everywhere. Cortina, Sincere, Hourglass, watches of switzerland (check their websites for their boutique locations) and Tai Hong Hung(chinatown) all carry omega timepieces.

Cash is king & plastic is not. Good luck in your hunt.
                  "Foreign affections"
                  1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                  What's NEXT?

Comment

WTF?! no intention but still post? no problem lah, we are here to share. what i am abt to share is somewhat frowned upon by swtach group but widely practised by certain ADs.

ADs are currently authorised to give up to 15% discount. Rumour has it that after Nov 08, the discount will be cut further to 13%, how true this will be is anyone's guess.

Now, some ADs can give discounts above 15% but there will NO official receipt that states the Omega model you have purchased. Everything else except the invoice. I know cos when my wife bought me the SMP chrono, the AD gave her a pretty substantial discount. She then used the savings to buy me dinner at some jap restaurant.

Omega watches are pretty much available everywhere. Cortina, Sincere, Hourglass, watches of switzerland (check their websites for their boutique locations) and Tai Hong Hung(chinatown) all carry omega timepieces.

Yep... tats wat i got when i asked my SA in WOS for more discount on a Omega models... seems like they are pretty strict in the discounts now. And given the 'quality' that some of you feedback... tink personally, i'll not touch a Omega watch.... unless a nicely priced PO comes by..
                    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

ooi Louis, I took queue no. 1 to buy bro feudallordcult's PO if he decides to flip it hor.. dun cut line hor..

Okay seriously, bro feudallordcult, think you already own one of the MORE reliable Omega liao... lucky u faster than me.. hahahah

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Bro thanks for your kind info.
                        I wanted to post under some thread with regards to SMP but cannot find one suitable.
                        Since your thread is partially related to SMP i thought to post under here is better than to open a new thread to ask a Qn.
                        Regarding dis. offered by AD's if payment is cash lump sum will be more substanial ?
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X