Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I verfiy the auth of a Omega

Hi,

1) May I know where in Singapore can I verify the auth of a Pre-owned Omega watch?
    2) How much would it cost me?
    3) Will there be any cert after verify?

Pardon me for my poor english.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by jonathan1lim View Post
    Hi,

1) May I know where in Singapore can I verify the auth of a Pre-owned Omega watch?
    2) How much would it cost me?
    3) Will there be any cert after verify?

Pardon me for my poor english.
    Thank you.
    1) You can go to the swatch group service center located at Wheelock Place to do the "verification" there... in a sense...
    2) that they will charge u a servicing fee. Did that on my vintage omega once... only cost me about $10+.. If oiling and polishing etc will cost about $120
    3) No cert but they will give you a receipt for the servicing(similar to rsc service receipt). If not original omega then they will tell you.

Hope my info is useful

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
      1) You can go to the swatch group service center located at Wheelock Place to do the "verification" there... in a sense...
      2) that they will charge u a servicing fee. Did that on my vintage omega once... only cost me about $10+.. If oiling and polishing etc will cost about $120
      3) No cert but they will give you a receipt for the servicing(similar to rsc service receipt). If not original omega then they will tell you.

Hope my info is useful
      1) May I have the shop name. <--- Sorry for being a noob.
      2) What kind of service should/could I request for? Cheapest?
      3) So if not original, still got to pay for the service la. Only that they will tell me that it is a fake? rite?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan1lim View Post
        1) May I have the shop name. <--- Sorry for being a noob.
        2) What kind of service should/could I request for? Cheapest?
        3) So if not original, still got to pay for the service la. Only that they will tell me that it is a fake? rite?

Thank you.
        1) Shop name is "Swatch Group" lah. It's not located at the shopping area. Must take the lift to go up by the office side. Forgot which floor liao... got directory there...

2) You can ask them to check if the watch is authentic. They will open up the back and check the movement. If you dun wanna service the watch, you gotta tell them in advance. They will charge you $10+ and indicate "service charge" on the receipt.

3) This question I dunno how to answer cos so far my watch brought there all authentic... Maybe other bro who had experience of bringing a fake watch there can advice you on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
          1) Shop name is "Swatch Group" lah. It's not located at the shopping area. Must take the lift to go up by the office side. Forgot which floor liao... got directory there...

2) You can ask them to check if the watch is authentic. They will open up the back and check the movement. If you dun wanna service the watch, you gotta tell them in advance. They will charge you $10+ and indicate "service charge" on the receipt.

3) This question I dunno how to answer cos so far my watch brought there all authentic... Maybe other bro who had experience of bringing a fake watch there can advice you on this...

Thank you for all your answers and patience.

Comment

I just called Swatch and they mentioned it should be free to authenticate it.
            Even if they decide to charge $10 for service, its still worth it.

Comment

i just 'authenticated' a speedmaster.
              all they did was to check the serial no. on their database.
              since it was not that old (late 2005), they advised not to open up the back of casing to check movement.
              but said, 'it should be authentic'.
              i requested for svc receipt or proof of authenticity, they said, they don't provide such proof.
              but svcing would be $500 for chrono auto.
              probably should have just asked them to see if it needed servicing, then they will check the movement at the back...
              i think that will take $10+ for labour charge.

anyway, i didnt pay anything today. just advice that it's real....
              humblequartz&mechs:
              gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
              tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
              toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Comment

for me, i would have insisted to check the mov't. wont dare to risk not checking.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi brokenvow,

This is the kind of post which is very beneficial for all here. At least, for a newbie like me. If this is the way they had actually did a job, I will think thrice about getting a pre-own Omega watch.

Tx.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Anyone know if they open on sat? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch-connoisseur View Post
                      Anyone know if they open on sat? Thanks in advance.
                      No they don't

Comment

I had done the most unthinkable thing..........buying a VERY GOOD FAKE (I had my suspicion) and only knowing about it during selling time...the buyer requested for an authentication of my P.O. and I met the buyer at Swatch Group and sent it in for the technicians to verify. What they did was check the watch serial number with their SO CALL "FACTORY" . The lady came back with a not so cheerful face and I knew something was wrong. She told me that the technicians are suspicious of my watch and whether I allow the technicians to open the case for them to verify whether it's geniune or fake. ALAS my hopes were dashed and it's confirmed a VERY GOOD FAKE.......I did not pay for any charges and I appologised to the buyer saying I really did not know it's a FAKE.........I got the damm watch from Portugual and next please ensure to ask for laser imprinted serial numbers on warranty cards for your Omegas, mine was hand written and the damm watch was not keeping good timing within every 2 days..........

Comment

I am going to have a deal at this place. Thank for sharing. It seems that they don't work on weekend?

Omega Constellation 123.10.35.20.01.002
                          Shanghai S107 Classic
                          Rolex Datejust 116243

文章千古事 得失寸心知

Comment

It is better to get checked with the AD to make sure it is genuine before buying any second hand ones to avoid upsets later.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X