No announcement yet.

How much can I sell my seamaster 300m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much can I sell my seamaster 300m?

Hi guys, i recently bought a omega seamaster pro, 212.30.41, as seen in the website below:

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/se...21230412001003

Listed price was 5900. it's barely four months old, and there are some scratches on the bracelet and clasp. I am new to watch trading and I don't know how much I can sell it for. I tried looking at the trading forum for references, but couldnt find any match. Can any kind souls provide me with figure i should expect to sell it for?

thanks in advance!

Hi there, firstly welcome to the forum and to the madness of watch-collecting/ flipping.

Pricing is really subjective but my S$0.0000002 input is that considering that it's an Omega, the age and condition (as you have described) etc, I would think around S$3000-S$3200? Of course, as a seller, you would always want a higher price, but if you want it to move fast, you will have to price accordingly. Don't just take my word on the pricing, you may wish to check out online mkt forums at watchnet.com and timezone.com etc too. Hopefully, other gurus from this forum will be able to provide greater clarity.

Hope the above helps, and may you sell it at the price you want.

Ender
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Dont think this model retail at 5,900
      Should be retail slightly below 5k
      The planet ocean 45.5 last retail at 5,850 before discon

The seamaster 300m usually sell around 2-2.5k for preown
      The planet ocean 3-3.5k

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
        Dont think this model retail at 5,900
        Should be retail slightly below 5k
        The planet ocean 45.5 last retail at 5,850 before discon

The seamaster 300m usually sell around 2-2.5k for preown
        The planet ocean 3-3.5k
        This is the latest Seamaster 300m, with ceramic bezel. It was retailing at $5,700. I own both the black and blue version. I've a post about this piece, which I prefered over the ceramic Sub.

Comment

is this the one with the co-axial caliber 8500 movement with silicon hairspring?

Originally posted by Mell View Post
          This is the latest Seamaster 300m, with ceramic bezel. It was retailing at $5,700. I own both the black and blue version. I've a post about this piece, which I prefered over the ceramic Sub.

Comment

yup, it's the new one with ceramic bezel... sorry my bad, it's RP is 5700 and not 5900.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
              Hi there, firstly welcome to the forum and to the madness of watch-collecting/ flipping.

Pricing is really subjective but my S$0.0000002 input is that considering that it's an Omega, the age and condition (as you have described) etc, I would think around S$3000-S$3200? Of course, as a seller, you would always want a higher price, but if you want it to move fast, you will have to price accordingly. Don't just take my word on the pricing, you may wish to check out online mkt forums at watchnet.com and timezone.com etc too. Hopefully, other gurus from this forum will be able to provide greater clarity.

Hope the above helps, and may you sell it at the price you want.

Ender

thanks for the reply...if let's say i keep the watch for another year, but the condition is still the same. Will I be able to sell the watch at almost the same values?

Comment

I suppose you could if omega increase the retail price of the same model and no new features added

Comment

Originally posted by dcl84 View Post
                  Hi guys, i recently bought a omega seamaster pro, 212.30.41, as seen in the website below:

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/se...21230412001003

Listed price was 5900. it's barely four months old, and there are some scratches on the bracelet and clasp. I am new to watch trading and I don't know how much I can sell it for. I tried looking at the trading forum for references, but couldnt find any match. Can any kind souls provide me with figure i should expect to sell it for?

thanks in advance!

In comparison of the specs and prices of this watch with the current Sub, this SM is very attractive (which is why I own both the black and blue versions). Mind sharing the reason for selling so soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Mell View Post
                    In comparison of the specs and prices of this watch with the current Sub, this SM is very attractive (which is why I own both the black and blue versions). Mind sharing the reason for selling so soon?
                    Yeah agree, quality and looks wise I think Omega more than equals Rolex. Its just the branding and image that brings the value up for Rolex, and if youre not willing to pay for tat, get an Omega
                    Honesty.....

Comment

Since there're already scratches, you might as well continue to keep the watch till you feel like upgrading as the value is already affected and it probably wldn't change much even after 1 - 2yr.. Just my 2 cents
                      ---------------------
                      SUB 16610LV
                      SUB 116610LV
                      Daytona 16520
                      50th Bond Omega

Comment

how much are you going to sell?

Comment

Selling watches is like selling cars, first year depreciate the most
                          Subsequent years the resale value becomes better due to
                          1. Price of new watch keep increasing on annual basis
                          2. The depreciation is divided over more number of years

Comment

I remember when I bought my 'first good watch' it was one of these at age 20...... discounts on Omega were once 25-30% and this model (non co-axial) was selling at some $3K..... a lot for me then.

Owned it for 3+ years and only managed to sell it at about $1.7K ?..... and the market on second hand pc was $1.5-2.1K then.
                            ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                              Selling watches is like selling cars, first year depreciate the most
                              Subsequent years the resale value becomes better due to
                              1. Price of new watch keep increasing on annual basis
                              2. The depreciation is divided over more number of years
                              Pretty much.

-- Hey Skydweller-SG : You must be the most active bro on SG-ROC coming 1000 Posts in > 3 Months !!
                              ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X