Speedmaster 50th Anniversay series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedmaster 50th Anniversay series

I saw 2 versions of this model. The one at the Omega boutique in Raffles City has a golden seahorse on its face. And the other one on an online website in the US has only a series of no. (0000/1957) on its face.
    Is there any difference between these 2 models.
    I may want to buy it when i goes to the US at the end of this month for my vacation.
    Appreciste your expert commends. Thanks

There are more than 2 versions of the 50th anniversary Speedmaster LE.

The one with the golden seahorse on the dial is aka "the patch" and has a production of 5975 pieces. It is not very different from the standard moonwatch other than the golden seahourse on the dial and the engraved words on the case back (as well as a different box and some special papers and a CD etc).

The other one that has "0000/1957" on the dial uses a special material for the dial and features the original 1957 omega logo on the dial. It has a transparent case back and is fitted with a co-axial movement. It also comes with some tools for the collectors. If I remember correctly, the list price of this was almost double of the above mentioned one.

Then there are other versions, the "00/57", that are similar to the "0000/1957" but produced in 3 versions of gold, with each gold version limited to 57 pieces.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I doubt the one you saw at the boutique is for sale. It would have been on display/in stock for almost 5 years by now...

Comment

Sorry typo error in my first post. it should read 5957 instead of 5975 pieces

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          There are more than 2 versions of the 50th anniversary Speedmaster LE.

The one with the golden seahorse on the dial is aka "the patch" and has a production of 5975 pieces. It is not very different from the standard moonwatch other than the golden seahourse on the dial and the engraved words on the case back (as well as a different box and some special papers and a CD etc).

The other one that has "0000/1957" on the dial uses a special material for the dial and features the original 1957 omega logo on the dial. It has a transparent case back and is fitted with a co-axial movement. It also comes with some tools for the collectors. If I remember correctly, the list price of this was almost double of the above mentioned one.

Then there are other versions, the "00/57", that are similar to the "0000/1957" but produced in 3 versions of gold, with each gold version limited to 57 pieces.
          Beautiful recap of the omega anniversary watches.

Comment

Yup it's for sale alright @ S$6,100+ acc to the boutique
            Fixed price, no discout as it is LE.

I think i will settle on getting the normal "PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH" 42 mm model with a see thru caseback when in the US.
            Thanks guys for the infor, you r great...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X