Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Diver Strap for Seamaster Professional

hi all,

recently have been thinking of changing the look of my current seamaster pro, replaciing the bracelet with a dark blue diver to match the face and bezel of the watch.

came across some on amazon, but i'm hoping to just buy one locally to save time:

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Rubbe...rds=blue+diver

http://www.amazon.com/Hadley-Roma-MS...rds=blue+diver

http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Blue-PSD1...rds=blue+diver

anyone has any suggestions or has any shops to recommend that I can get one locally?

Check out Strap Garage, there are some sellers selling these kind silicone rubber strap.

Comment

hmm, checked out the garage, looks like no blue rubber straps available..

anyone done it on their seamaster pro's before? how's the look?

Comment

i recommend the NOS dark blue omega straps (isofrane style) from watchco. comes with omega buckle too. i bought a pair (one for a friend) and like it a lot. i'll attach pics when i can find my camera...

also, because the SMP is quite "head strong," any strap that tapers from 20mm (lug width) to 18mm (buckle) will look a little bit odd when paired.

i prefer either straight 20mm throughout or notched 22mm tapering to 20mm at buckle. looks best, i think. i would not go the silicone route as i prefer rubber (which is usually thicker). good luck!
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

thanks, i tried a couple of straps in shops, don't look very suitable.

Looks like a isofrane style one is the way to go. any idea what's the price like? thanks!

Comment

i paid about US$200 (each) for a NOS dark blue omega isofrane-style strap (with brand new omega buckle in original packaging - will fit isofrane also) from watchco australia.

difference between isofrane and omega's strap... omega makes it a little thinner - very very good match to PO and SMP case (google for isofrane side profile pics on PO/SMP - looks out of proportion IMO).

the colour is also very close to the blue seamaster dial, and can look black/dark grey depending on lighting conditions.

both omega keepers are signed and straight. isofrane has one jagged keeper.

the holes for the buckle are bigger and farther apart on the ome strap. this is the only downside as isofrane straps MIGHT give you a better fit due to the narrow width between each thinner hole.

i think the material used is a little different. my isofrane smells stronger and is much softer but the omega strap still feels very comfortable even when worn tight. the isofrane cannot be worn tight as it pulls painfully.

let me know if you need pics. the colour of the strap is worth the money - i can't find another better "blue" strap for the blue SMP. the isofrane blue is less deep. also cheaper, i think.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X