Omega Speedmaster Pro or reduced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Speedmaster Pro or reduced?

I'm currently looking to get an Omega speedmaster (I like the idea of the moon watch on my wrist!). It's going to be my first luxury watch and also an 18th birthday present for myself next year (so I'm saving like siao now)

For the SMP, second hand can be found for 3k +-
    For the reduced can be found $1.7k +-

Should I go for the reduced or the pro?

If you can afford it, always go original. I owned a speedy auto, but somehow it just doesn't feel the same. Ended up I bought another speedy. This time it's the speedy pro. Beautiful watch. You won't regret having it.

Comment

Depends on whether you prefer the bigger one (the pro) or the smaller one (the reduced).

Also, the reduced is automatic, while the pro uses manual winding. So if you prefer convenience, go for the reduced!

Woah, you are 17 now? Haha which college are you from? I've just turned 18 btw. Great to see many younger folks joining this hobby
      "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Boys, listen to uncle...get the manual one. If want auto, choose other models. Young men don't be so lazy, with manual you can exercise your fingers a bit everyday.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Boys, listen to uncle...get the manual one. If want auto, choose other models. Young men don't be so lazy, with manual you can exercise your fingers a bit everyday.
          Halo uncle pegasi, this is always the case. Let them be. When I started out (though not as young as them), people tell me to use my money wisely and not to buy a Tag Heuer to begin with. I didn't listen and went ahead. Now thinking back, they were right! I should've used the 3K for other watch then
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Halo uncle pegasi, this is always the case. Let them be. When I started out (though not as young as them), people tell me to use my money wisely and not to buy a Tag Heuer to begin with. I didn't listen and went ahead. Now thinking back, they were right! I should've used the 3K for other watch then
            I can understand young men's thinking...want to try everything. But it's good to start from the more affordable models and then slowly learn and upgrade along the way.

If first girlfriend straight away make her wife, then maybe will miss a lot...might regret also...sorry bad example

Comment

On a more serious note...

If what TS desires is a moonwatch, note that the speedmaster reduced is not regarded as a moonwatch by the Omega enthusiasts. Not only due to its movement but also the layout of the 3 registers on the dial is very different from that of a moonwatch with the Lemania movement.

Comment

Just for the record...the speedy 3570 with 1861 movement is still not the exact model worn to the moon by the NASA but is as close as you can get from the current product lineup.

Comment

Haha wise words from Uncle Pegasi. Also, the reduced has got the Arabic numbers on side of the dial, so it may look abit cluttered
                  "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
                    Haha wise words from Uncle Pegasi. Also, the reduced has got the Arabic numbers on side of the dial, so it may look abit cluttered
                    Very good, you got do homework. Make sure you study as hard in school.

Comment

IMHO the moon watch is the real thing... 3570.50.. all others are only side dish.. you need the real thing
                      The manual winding is nice... mesmerising ... if you can, try to get the pro, not the reduced.

Comment

Thanks guys! Currently in RJC...

Will save up for the 3570.50. Love the idea of manual! Ok bah I listen to all you uncles here. Any lobang for reliable second hand omega dealer? Buy new damn ex, might as well let previous owner take the kick in the balls for me..

Then after that thinking of going to change strap to leather, use poly watch buff out crystal scratches, should be good as new!

Comment

And I'm going to make this my first and last watch hahah... Been lurking around forums enough to know that most never stop at one... Now studying only no money finance. Next time got money alr can buy patek for my maid go market buy groceries!

Comment

Originally posted by aproyaloak View Post
                            Thanks guys! Currently in RJC...

Will save up for the 3570.50. Love the idea of manual! Ok bah I listen to all you uncles here. Any lobang for reliable second hand omega dealer? Buy new damn ex, might as well let previous owner take the kick in the balls for me..

Then after that thinking of going to change strap to leather, use poly watch buff out crystal scratches, should be good as new!
                            Wah, smart kid. Unfortunately, I'm on the other end of the spectrum....

Since that's the case, I think the choice is clear. Go for the Pro one. Shouldn't go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
                              Wah, smart kid. Unfortunately, I'm on the other end of the spectrum....

Since that's the case, I think the choice is clear. Go for the Pro one. Shouldn't go wrong
                              Why haven't you changed your "in the pipeline"? Do what the RJC students do...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X