Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Battery

Hi Omega guru's and Sifu's,

My wife Omega Constellation battery flat, may i know where you change it and how much is the cost of the battery ? cos read many negative feedback from wheellock that shop. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Change battery also must ask guru and sifu ah...

I am not sure what negative feedback you are referring to but I personally would do that at the service center. Or you may approach the boutique or AD (not sure there are skilled to do it on the spot), or 3rd-party repairers if you have more trust in them.

Never change a battery for Omega before but I guess the cost could be anything between $5 to $20 range...?
    Last edited by pegasi; 12-03-13, 01:48 PM.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Hi pegasi Sifu,

May i know if bring to wheellock service center and change, is it on the spot can change ? or must put there and collect other day ?

Hear that lucky plaza Top Hour Mr Lim good feedback, will he change battery cos is a small job.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Mr angry,

I not sifu, just sharing only

Changing battery should be an on-the spot job at the service center. Of course some waiting time might be required depending on the crowd.

Yes changing battery is a small job that I am sure Mr Lim can handle. You might want to call to check before going now just in case he doesn't do it or doesn't have the battery. I once went all the way to the reputable K2 at the east side to have a watch fixed, just to be told that he did not have the tool to open that kind of case and hence could not accept the job.

Or just walk in to Mr Lim and if he doesn't do it then swing over to Wheelock.

Comment

If few hundred dollars watches I would go to those normal watch shops. Few thousand watches I won't.

Comment

Tag Heuer already charging $50 for changing of batt + do the water resistant test and other tests as well if necessary. So I would think Omeage will charge higher?

Pls dun go to normal shop to change the batt if your watch cost a few Ks!

Once, I sent my wife's CK watch to normal watch shop to change the batt. When I see the way they open the case back, my heart almost stop jumping!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
              Tag Heuer already charging $50 for changing of batt + do the water resistant test and other tests as well if necessary. So I would think Omeage will charge higher?
              Wa, paiseh, then my estimation is very far off. It was ages ago I last had a battery changed and it was not even an expensive watch

Comment

a) change a dead battery early before it leaks. A serious leak and you have to also change the quartz module!
                b) If its an expensive watch go to a reliable watchmaker
                c) Brand service centers are the best as most will also replace the rubber gasket at the same time and pressure test if necessary.
                d) Seikos go to thong Sia, very resonable $10 to $25/=
                e) even if its not an expensive watch look for someone reliable, I have had negative experiences with replaced batteries going dead within six months! probably old stock batteries?

Comment

Ask my colleague who wears a seamaster quartz and he says he paid around $50 "last time"...so expensive...

Comment

Thanks to all Guru's and Sifu's enlightenment.

Btw will you go to Precious Time or Top hour at lucky plaza to change ? Is their service experience ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Bro, just to share, I have done that for my wife omega constellation at Top Hour Nov last year.

Mr Lim will change on the spot and cost $20.

Originally posted by angry View Post
                      Thanks to all Guru's and Sifu's enlightenment.

Btw will you go to Precious Time or Top hour at lucky plaza to change ? Is their service experience ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks to this thread I learned about the cost of replacing battery of certain watches.

This forum is amazing...you could find an answer to almost every question fairly quickly.

Eh...I am not encouraging lazy questions hor...

Comment

Last time I change battery at wheelock. ~$30. No water test. 2011

Thong Sia. Battery $12. Gasket and water test $36. Crystal $36. 2012.

Normally is not going to swim, no water test required IMO.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by wanliang View Post
                            Bro, just to share, I have done that for my wife omega constellation at Top Hour Nov last year.

Mr Lim will change on the spot and cost $20.
                            Thanks Sifu wanliang and watcha for sharing your information.

Think i will go for Mr Lim then.

Comment

Changed my mom's Omega constellation quartz at Mr Lim's. Unfortunately it was not salvageable due to battery leakage and had to change the whole module which cost around SGD$240 or around there. Mr Lim tried his best to salvage it but its still cheaper and more reliable than sending in to Wheelock. No worries mate, have had my rolexes serviced by Mr Lim, no issues even with leaving it there for a couple of days.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X