Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daydates are the nicest for women.

In fact Rolex understands that.
    The 2013 rolex daydates with different colored dials and matching straps are targeted at that market

Comment

• recently a young man bought from me EXP2 40mm white for his girlfriend..so I guess this model also appeal to some ladies.

Comment

• Originally posted by starystarynite View Post
        recently a young man bought from me EXP2 40mm white for his girlfriend..so I guess this model also appeal to some ladies.
        My wife has been wearing my white exp2 as her daily beater since quite many years back
        White face SS watches are very suitable for ladies as they look more elegant and not as "chor" as black dial ones.

Comment

• Alot of local ladies are having difficulties wearing men's rolex. Especially those older ones like 16570, 16710, 16610, 14060m etc because of the bracelet configurations. Need to break one of the perm links on the 6 o'çlock side else the clasp will be crooked. Some even have to use 3 to 3 link configuration on the newer bracelets. Then the sub clasp looks huge on the wrist and bracelet links left only abit. Might as well use a nato strap.

Comment

• Originally posted by leslie View Post
            Alot of local ladies are having difficulties wearing men's rolex. Especially those older ones like 16570, 16710, 16610, 14060m etc because of the bracelet configurations. Need to break one of the perm links on the 6 o'çlock side else the clasp will be crooked. Some even have to use 3 to 3 link configuration on the newer bracelets. Then the sub clasp looks huge on the wrist and bracelet links left only abit. Might as well use a nato strap.
            Absolutely right on the breaking of permanent links.
            I broke my Daydate links so that my wife could wear.

But problem also with nato becos they can often be too long.
            Too much tucking in here and there and the watch head tends to flop on the softness of the nato strap.

Probably best solution is custom croco strap, elegant and perfect fit....

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
              Absolutely right on the breaking of permanent links.
              I broke my Daydate links so that my wife could wear.

But problem also with nato becos they can often be too long.
              Too much tucking in here and there and the watch head tends to flop on the softness of the nato strap.

Probably best solution is custom croco strap, elegant and perfect fit....
              Bro, breaking of perm link is not something I would consider because it will alter the price when you intend to flip it. Unless the buyer is having skinny wrist and do not mind a missing link. The newer bracelets should fit better but I still see some girls wearing only 3+3 links on the sub c bracelet and the huge clasp covering almost half the wrist. Doesn't look that good. And those with small wrist tends to basp the large watches against the doors etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by leslie View Post
                Bro, breaking of perm link is not something I would consider because it will alter the price when you intend to flip it. Unless the buyer is having skinny wrist and do not mind a missing link. The newer bracelets should fit better but I still see some girls wearing only 3+3 links on the sub c bracelet and the huge clasp covering almost half the wrist. Doesn't look that good. And those with small wrist tends to basp the large watches against the doors etc.
                Yes.

I just never bother about flipping becos, i generally dont sell what i buy.
                For the Daydate which i broke the perm link, i wanted to give it to my wife so never think about resale.

Newer bracelets do fit better.
                Maximum reduction for newer bracelets is 4+4 not 3+3.
                So if you see 3+3, either permanent link broken(which i doubt) or aftermarket.

Yes bash around they do, you should see the Explorer2 getting bashed by my wife daily.
                Even the Daydate gets bashed... Hahahah its ok lah. Gives the watch identity and character.

Comment

• I stand corrected on the links
                  The latest alphanumeric series oyster bracelets hv transitioned to 3+3 due to the intro of 36mm "ladies" DJ models

Comment

• Agree totally.Bought the Mrs a datejust she wore it for a time but came home once from work and decided to rotate my LV and found it wouldnt fit over my hand.....sneaky sneaky.It does look good on her though
                    " So many watches, not enough Time."

Comment

• this is provided the bracelet is sized properly...if not it has this bangle effect when worn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                        Yes.

I just never bother about flipping becos, i generally dont sell what i buy.
                        For the Daydate which i broke the perm link, i wanted to give it to my wife so never think about resale.

Newer bracelets do fit better.
                        Maximum reduction for newer bracelets is 4+4 not 3+3.
                        So if you see 3+3, either permanent link broken(which i doubt) or aftermarket.

Yes bash around they do, you should see the Explorer2 getting bashed by my wife daily.
                        Even the Daydate gets bashed... Hahahah its ok lah. Gives the watch identity and character.
                        Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                        I stand corrected on the links
                        The latest alphanumeric series oyster bracelets hv transitioned to 3+3 due to the intro of 36mm "ladies" DJ models
                        3+3 if not counting the end link... 4+4 if counting together with the end link...
                        HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                        ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                        Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                        Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                        Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                        TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                        G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                        Rolex ladies datejust
                        vintage Cartier tank 18k
                        TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

• i generally don't like the idea of "destroying" or "mod" any part of the watches...bracelet etc.

if it doesn't fit ...it doesn't ...no point force-fitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by PUREWATCH View Post
                            i generally don't like the idea of "destroying" or "mod" any part of the watches...bracelet etc.

if it doesn't fit ...it doesn't ...no point force-fitting.
                            To me, it isnt force fitting, and it doesnt alter the design whatsoever.
                            Just shortening the bracelet for a slimmer wrist just like how some people add additional links to fit a bigger wrist

Good stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                              3+3 if not counting the end link... 4+4 if counting together with the end link...
                              Yes, thanks for clarity.
                              My referneces are without taking endlinks into consideration.

Comment

• Back to the topic: my best bet is because most discerning ladies who are watch enthusiast know full-well that men's model commands a stronger resale value.

Besides, the trend for watches now: the bigger the better. Who knows? People may revert to admiring 36mm again.
                                "Everyone wants a Rolex. If they say they are not interested, they must be lying." - Telepgm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X