Why do women like Men's Rolex Watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by telepgm View Post
    Back to the topic: my best bet is because most discerning ladies who are watch enthusiast know full-well that men's model commands a stronger resale value.

Besides, the trend for watches now: the bigger the better. Who knows? People may revert to admiring 36mm again.
    Yeah, its the big watches trend now. Can't imagine us going back to the 34-36mm days

Comment

• Originally posted by telepgm View Post
      Back to the topic: my best bet is because most discerning ladies who are watch enthusiast know full-well that men's model commands a stronger resale value.

Besides, the trend for watches now: the bigger the better. Who knows? People may revert to admiring 36mm again.

Classic never goes out, its the same or everything in this world.

*big smile*
      Last edited by Trinidad; 03-01-15, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
        Yeah, its the big watches trend now. Can't imagine us going back to the 34-36mm days
        36mm is the perfect size for certain watches. Eg Daydate.
        It just cant be any other size.

Actually theres no need to imagine anything about going back.
        36mm never left,

Haha

Comment

• The fact of the matter is that women can wear men's accessories no matter what, And still create a postive style for themselves.

As long as they maintain their feminity while doing so.
          In fact that adds to the attractiveness.

Men on the other hand can never do the same (wearing a 26mm ladies watch for example) for he will look more than silly.

Thats why, women always have the advantage.
          So who ever says men and women are equal?

Muayhahahahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
            36mm is the perfect size for certain watches. Eg Daydate.
            It just cant be any other size.

Actually theres no need to imagine anything about going back.
            36mm never left,

Haha
            I agree, the 36mm is perfect for daydate. Rather I feel the daydate 2 looks weird haha.

Comment

• We buy, they wear. No cost to them lah.
              Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

• Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                Here are some reasons:

1. They know what you like to see and they want YOU to come closer, and
                take a good look.
                2. Women watch women, more than they watch men. So, if they see another
                lady looking good in a Men's Rolex, they will follow suit.
                3. The popularity of sports watches, among both men and women. A miniature of a man's watch seems quite inapropriate. Why settle for something
                smaller?
                4. Relatedly, the Rolex line for women are not as diverse as that for men. No
                GMT, no Submariner, no Daytona for ladies. (Only exception being the YM)
                5. Husbands should buy their wives men's watch. If the lady does not want it, that's another watch add to HIS collection. Right?
                versatile and can re use anytime wahaha!

Comment

• hmm, thought women like something from men that is big? lol.

Comment

• I notice a trend of more women wearing men's watch nowsadays. Many a times the watches wear much bigger than their wrists. I personally feel it's ok and stylo for women to wear men's watches. To be honest most iconic models are from the guys range and especially when they have some "history" and achievements to them. The ladies models normally look elegant or sweet generally which sometimes you get tired of them after a while. The guys watches, especially sports watches, have more details to admire and as mentioned many popular complications are only available in men's watches.

I have to say that I am guilty of taking a 2nd look on woman who wears men watches whenever I come across one. Not every woman dares to wear men watches and they need a certain level of confidence to carry them off. So far women whom I see wearing men's watches commonly displays an aura of character.

Comment

• I onlY double take when the lady is slim svelte and stylish.
                      Otherwise i siam, regardless what watch she wears....

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                        I onlY double take when the lady is slim svelte and stylish.
                        Otherwise i siam, regardless what watch she wears....
                        Lol so very true

Comment

• Women with big wrist wears men size sports watch looks ok. But super small wrist like me (barely 5.1 inch), will look like I am wearing a clock and that is awful.

36mm is the maximum size I can take (already look like a mini clock on me), with lots of bracelet adjustments. Everytime I adjusted my bracelet, the dealer almost cried cos my wrist is soooo very tiny (kid's wrist) that he has to cut away even some permanent links. He cried everytime he dis that cos he pity the links.

Super tiny wrist people like me love big watches but due to our physical make up, many times we can only drool over "clocks" we would like to have on our wrists.

Frankly very small wrist is best suited with mid size like 31mm if we really want to go "big" size. The 36mm ones i wear at home cos already look like a mini clock.

Oh ladies size are meant for us super tiny wrists but then the face is so small that we will have problem looking at the time and date. So die die must at least get the mid size.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                            Here are some reasons:

1. They know what you like to see and they want YOU to come closer, and
                            take a good look.
                            2. Women watch women, more than they watch men. So, if they see another
                            lady looking good in a Men's Rolex, they will follow suit.
                            3. The popularity of sports watches, among both men and women. A miniature of a man's watch seems quite inapropriate. Why settle for something
                            smaller?
                            4. Relatedly, the Rolex line for women are not as diverse as that for men. No
                            GMT, no Submariner, no Daytona for ladies. (Only exception being the YM)
                            5. Husbands should buy their wives men's watch. If the lady does not want it, that's another watch add to HIS collection. Right?
                            male watches are slightly larger,

size matters : )

Comment

• true

You are totally current

Comment

• after buying 3 men size rolexes 36mm, I realised they are just too big bulky heavy uncomfy for my tiny wrists. I have sold all of them, leaving only my mid size which I love. not all women like men size watches especially those with very tiny wrists like me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X