~~A guide to differentiate Geninue and High-end fake rollies...~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~A guide to differentiate Geninue and High-end fake rollies...~~

I really think we should have a thread to advise people how to differentiate between real stuff and the fake stuff. A lot of our guys here are outsourcing to other countries to look for cheap deals. But recently, the fakes are getting so alike that they are indistinguishable from the real stuff. I have seen a fake Deep Sea and they are so good that I am really afraid If I were to go overseas without a excellent knowledge with my rollie, I am just free to scams... haiz, the fakes are no longer cheap ****...

Originally posted by lynx View Post
    Judging from the replies, it wasnt too safe a buy i guess... Its from an AD in a mall selling all sorts of watches. It is at eastgate mall. wanted to venture to nelson mandela sq, but i think its kinda far away and hotel dun provide free transport. oh well....

Prob other destinations then... Btw where else is know to be cheaper in the world? Anyone bought watches from SFO? as in san francisco? heard that used ones there are good price also? I personally don;t mind getting one form overseas, but i guess this one for my wifey must get from SIN for a peace of mind

How abt UK or europe considering pounds all time low and Euro also not doing too well against SGD.?
    Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    Buy the seller.... I would not buy in that market if you don't know reputable dealers.

At the least if you want to buy, make sure they open up the back for you to see the movement ... and I hope you know how to tell what a rolex movement should look like!

Can our lao da and lao jiao (Combine into lao da jiao...) here show us a few tips?

I know Gen rollies are a bit heavier and fakes as they use high end Stainless Steel... but this should not be a good indicator...

PS: Scully, some of your collection now are fakes.. Wont you be jumping up and down?

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=37

Comment

FAQ section! here we go!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

8) Sweeping second hand. The second hand should be sweeping and not ticking. Though fakes have been able to do a sweeping second hand with a automatic movement,but it is HIGHLY INACCURATE

I dont think I agree on this... The Deep sea I saw has a very smooth sweep, I heard it it running 28,800 beat per sec...

9) Waterproofing. Fake Rolex watches can only take to a simple wash of hands or a quick shower( Not in the bathtub for too long). It can't last a swim in your pool.

I heard watch can go for a pressure test. The fake I saw has a rating of 3atm leh...

Comment

Yes watches can go for pressure test...then all u have to do is test at 5atm and you are gd to go wad...simple rolex watches can easily go up to 10atm

Comment

lol My casio no need pressure test one haha... But I think MM need ba... I heard they say no water proof leh... I saw one look like hublot one look really nice... But no water proof

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
              8) Sweeping second hand. The second hand should be sweeping and not ticking. Though fakes have been able to do a sweeping second hand with a automatic movement,but it is HIGHLY INACCURATE

I dont think I agree on this... The Deep sea I saw has a very smooth sweep, I heard it it running 28,800 beat per sec...

9) Waterproofing. Fake Rolex watches can only take to a simple wash of hands or a quick shower( Not in the bathtub for too long). It can't last a swim in your pool.

I heard watch can go for a pressure test. The fake I saw has a rating of 3atm leh...
              pop out the caseback,check movement the safest method. This can be done at RSC or any of your trusted watch technician.

Comment

I know its a bit side topic, I think I saw a hublot alike MM watch that I fancy. May I know where can I go and do waterproofing? I hope it will not be too expensive...

Comment

Real or Replica? Pics are extracted from another forum

St Augustine "The present of things past is memory, the present of things present is sight, and the present of things future is expectation."

Comment

i believe it is counterfeit.

a) the date
                    b) font size on inner bezel
                    c) ceremic bezel font is wierd
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I think its a real rollie, the pearl on its bezel is geninue...

If not, its a fake rolex with real bezel and some other parts...

Comment

My guess is a fake cos the alignment on the date is out.
                        Current

Rolex DSSD
                        Rolex SD
                        Pam 162
                        Pam 351
                        Tudor Hydronaut
                        Fortis 24hrs Automatic
                        Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

Bezel font looks weird!

Comment

I borrowed this Genuine pic and added some comment. That's what i spotted, but i think there's more.
                            Attached Files
                            St Augustine "The present of things past is memory, the present of things present is sight, and the present of things future is expectation."

Comment

nicely DONE! This can help us to differentiate a few!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X