This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
    Just have to write down name, ic no. n contact... They will tell u which parts is non-original, then return u. If the whole watch is fake then i dun know...
    Oh you just write down? Meaning they cannot register the watch under your name? I guess one needs name transfer from the original owner with accompanied docs, then that would be hard if you buy preowned Rolex from preowned stores.

Comment

• Originally posted by hilbero View Post
      Oh you just write down? Meaning they cannot register the watch under your name? I guess one needs name transfer from the original owner with accompanied docs, then that would be hard if you buy preowned Rolex from preowned stores.
      What are you talking about?
      [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

• What I mean is it would be hard to buy a 2nd hand watch from preowned stores and register the Rolex watch under your name. That's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by hilbero View Post
          What I mean is it would be hard to buy a 2nd hand watch from preowned stores and register the Rolex watch under your name. That's all.
          Ur name will be in the system from next time onward....
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

• Originally posted by wudimax
            just get my 16233 for servicing.complete overhaul and replace total cost is $868.

some more must wait for 5 weeks
            Same here. Just sent in my 16234 for overhaul and was shocked when they told me standard overhaul price is S$720 and my face is chipped and need to be replaced at $138. Total damage: S$858 and have to wait till end of July...

When asked why so expensive and so long for overhaul, the aunty said because I have not send in for servicing for past 12 years, the lubrication has hardened. It will involve the removal of 200 over parts, lubrication and replacement of crown and rethreading, etc.

Comment

• Yep, they raised prices in March 2010.

But on the other hand, warranty is now lengthened to 2 years after service...it was only 1 year before.

Cheers!
              [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

• wow..glad to know that....2yrs of warr...nice .....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Do they polish away those scratches during normal servicing?

Comment

• Originally posted by phayze View Post
                    Do they polish away those scratches during normal servicing?
                    errr.. no? Extra work; extra charge?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yes, servicing include polishing....
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Yes, included in the overhaul, but removing the scratches means a smaller case after polishing.
                        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Is the case significantly smaller? Or it will still look the same? And also roughly how long will it take to service?

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                          Yes, included in the overhaul, but removing the scratches means a smaller case after polishing.

Comment

Is the case significantly smaller? Or it will still look the same? And also roughly how long will it take to service?
                            4 weeks.
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

Is the case significantly smaller? Or it will still look the same? And also roughly how long will it take to service?
                              The case will be smaller by a few mm depends on the depth of the scratch removed.
                              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• wa, few mm is a lot when my case is only around 10mm(1cm) thick.

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                                The case will be smaller by a few mm depends on the depth of the scratch removed.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X