This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phayze View Post
    wa, few mm is a lot when my case is only around 10mm(1cm) thick.
    you can always request RSC nt to polish your watch when servicing.
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• I just got my rollies back as well.

$700 - wife dateJust
      $790 - GMT Master II (16710)

Polished and warranty for another 2 years. Looks just like new!

Comment

• Servicing-Sea Dweller

Hi all,

I would like to know anyone knew the standard servicing price for rolex sea dweller at orchard rolex centre . Is it true,that now servicing of watch the price included changing of sapphire crystal glass, crown and the 2 strap metal spring ?
        Please advise ?? Thanks

Comment

• Hi All,
          Just wanna know if scratches on my Sea-Deweller back case can be removed?

If to be done in RSC how much will that cost?

Thanks

Comment

• Do RSC provide free polishing if watch is under warranty?

Comment

• Servicing for SD is about $709, does not cover any external parts eg s/crystal but polishing is included in the servicing fee.

I doubt polishing is free even if watch is under warranty.

Comment

• Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
                Servicing for SD is about $709, does not cover any external parts eg s/crystal but polishing is included in the servicing fee.

I doubt polishing is free even if watch is under warranty.
                ya, x2. polishing is $100++, can't remember the exact figure though.
                Current Collection :

Comment

• how about just the polishing my SD back case alone my bracelet dont require cos my SD still under warranty dont require any service yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sub_fan View Post
                    how about just the polishing my SD back case alone my bracelet dont require cos my SD still under warranty dont require any service yet.
                    Why not keep it till the next servicing then polish?? Even if u do the polishing now, the next scratch will come sooner or later. Its an part and parcel process of wearing the watch. Unless u r planning to keep it in a safe for a long period of time. The first scratch is alway the most painful, learn to live with it bro...
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

• I do agree that scratches are part and parcel process of wearing a watch, but unlike back case, bracelet are more likely prone to scratch.

Most of time I handle my watch with extreme care, to be frank the scratches
                      on my back case were caused by RSC when I sent my watch for check.
                      Anyway just wanna check anyone here has sent for polishing by RSC on the back case? How is the result like? Was it like brand new condition?
                      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sub_fan View Post
                        I do agree that scratches are part and parcel process of wearing a watch, but unlike back case, bracelet are more likely prone to scratch.

Most of time I handle my watch with extreme care, to be frank the scratches
                        on my back case were caused by RSC when I sent my watch for check.
                        Anyway just wanna check anyone here has sent for polishing by RSC on the back case? How is the result like? Was it like brand new condition?
                        Thanks
                        I thought I was the only one! Sometimes I bring my watches to regulate. Noticed the GMT2c SS and TT at the lugs can see faint small "dents" - all 4 lugs The SS still not so visible but the TT one very visible. Can be easily pohlished off though i think.

However the older oyster case like SUB, DAYTONA, DATEJUST, EXP 1/2 not affected.

Seems the machine to open case for new OYSTER case like GMT2c affected

Also, if u resize the bracelets @ RSC, you can see faint scratces at the ~ 3 pieces from the bottom lugs. Looks lke they use a clamp too hard. This I see on my SUB and DAYTONA and GMT2c TT.

Looks like our local RSC technicain skills not up to the mark yet

Comment

• Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                          I thought I was the only one! Sometimes I bring my watches to regulate. Noticed the GMT2c SS and TT at the lugs can see faint small "dents" - all 4 lugs The SS still not so visible but the TT one very visible. Can be easily pohlished off though i think.

However the older oyster case like SUB, DAYTONA, DATEJUST, EXP 1/2 not affected.

Seems the machine to open case for new OYSTER case like GMT2c affected

Also, if u resize the bracelets @ RSC, you can see faint scratces at the ~ 3 pieces from the bottom lugs. Looks lke they use a clamp too hard. This I see on my SUB and DAYTONA and GMT2c TT.

Looks like our local RSC technicain skills not up to the mark yet
                          x 2. My ss sub lug.
                          Current Collection :

Comment

• yes i agree the RSC technician are not up to skill. I am thinking they should have put on a protective sticker on the back case before they used the equipment to open up the watch.

Just like for the first time when i paid $75 for authentication, with all protective stickers on my watch, there is no single scratch.

There is also another thing i wanna highlight is the insufficient lighting condition at RSC collection counter. For the case of Swatch Group located at wheellock place, I remember the staff there examine my watch for scratches, and they actually wrote down on an agreement which I have to sign for as part of agreement before they service my watch.

Perhaps RSC technician handles watches with care only when customer pay for the service, only then they can make a business

Comment

• Just got myself a long waited Rolex Black dial Explorer II from a 2nd hand shop(16579, about 6yrs). They give me a one year warranty. I was thinking should I go for a servicing now or wait till the one year warranty expiry. Also is there a need to authentication as this shop are controlled. Maybe my question is stupid but please advise.

Thks

Comment

• Originally posted by pokeman71 View Post
                                Just got myself a long waited Rolex Black dial Explorer II from a 2nd hand shop(16579, about 6yrs). They give me a one year warranty. I was thinking should I go for a servicing now or wait till the one year warranty expiry. Also is there a need to authentication as this shop are controlled. Maybe my question is stupid but please advise.

Thks
                                First, congratz. You've got yourself a fine watch . But I wonder if you've the model no. correct "16579" ? If the watch is "6yrs", it should be a 'F' or 'D' series? For servicing, do you mean at the ROLEX Service Centre (Rsc) or with the shop that you'd bought the watch from? Because Rsc has nothing to do with the "one year warranty" that the shop has honoured you.

Whether or not you need to verify depends largely on you. And if you wish to, have you inform this to the shop? In case if the watch is not found authentic/original (some parts changed), will the shop do a full refund? Or are you doing this just so you can feel at ease (or maybe not)?

Think through, my friend
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X