Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy original fat springbar for Sub 16610?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy original fat springbar for Sub 16610?

Hi,

any experts know where I can get original fat springbars for Submariner 16610? I called RSC but they don't sell them just like that. Need to do servicing, which then includes replacement of the springbars. I asked AD but they don't sell either.

There are lots of those thinner springbars from watch shops but not sure if the strength is good enough? Also, those thinner springbars does not flush against the pinholes like the original ones.

You can buy from several preowned watch dealers.

Peoples park complex also has

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
      You can buy from several preowned watch dealers.

Peoples park complex also has
      Are they selling originals? or aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by burningacid View Post
        any experts know where I can get original fat springbars for Submariner 16610? I called RSC but they don't sell them just like that. Need to do servicing, which then includes replacement of the springbars. I asked AD but they don't sell either.

There are lots of those thinner springbars from watch shops but not sure if the strength is good enough? Also, those thinner springbars does not flush against the pinholes like the original ones.
        very, very difficult now in singapore.

i think it will soon go the way of hong kong.

since the new GM at HK RSC was installed, even sale of parts on exchange basis is (almost) impossible.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Aftermarket same size.

Only RsC sells original.

But i suspect the source is the same, hehehe

Comment

Thanks Taxico. Guess I need to smash up my sub to buy a pair of original springbars. Ha..

Trinidad, I got a pair of fat aftermarket springbars but as it turns out, they don't last either.

Comment

Thanks Taxico. Guess I need to smash up my sub to buy a pair of original springbars. Ha..

Trinidad, I got a pair of fat aftermarket springbars but as it turns out, they don't last either.
              You need to get a good pair of aftermarket. They will last as long as originals. Maybe a week less...haha
              By the way what did you do to them such that they dont last?

Comment

Years ago, Rolex Centre used to sell them for $5 a pair!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickXingYu View Post
                  Years ago, Rolex Centre used to sell them for $5 a pair!
                  Unfortunately they don't sell them anymore.

You need to get a good pair of aftermarket. They will last as long as originals. Maybe a week less...haha
                  By the way what did you do to them such that they dont last?
                  Ha, Ok. perhaps you can PM me the shop names that you know that sells good aftermarket springbars? the one I bought from didn't last that long.

Actually I've been swapping straps every now and then. So the spring inside the springbars spoils easily. The original Rolex springbar is still surviving well though. So I thought of getting only originals now.

Comment

i cannot confirm the inner spring construction is the same for aftermarket spring bars... but the outside is definitely different. the tips are rounded.

i've yet to find a spring bar that matches rolex's springiness with rounded tips.

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      i cannot confirm the inner spring construction is the same for aftermarket spring bars... but the outside is definitely different. the tips are rounded.

i've yet to find a spring bar that matches rolex's springiness with rounded tips.
                      taxico, this I agreed. That's also why I'm looking for shops which sells original springbars.. hopefully someone who knows can provide this info..

Comment

taxico, this I agreed. That's also why I'm looking for shops which sells original springbars.. hopefully someone who knows can provide this info..
                        i chanced upon a NOS rolex re-sizing kit that included a whole ton of rolex spring bars and bought it.

you can keep your eye out for something like that whereby the sum of its parts is worth much more than the price for the kit (which is not cheap).

i know for sure most RASCs will supply such parts in small quantities (ie, one pair) on a non-parts exchange basis. some ulu RSCs will do the same still. but none are nearby singapore.

i also know certain ADs have a stock of these expendable items and will give them out upon request, especially since they are old stock. none anywhere near singapore.

if you intend to hit europe or the americas, drop me a PM and i'll hook you up.

Comment

Original or aftermarket? I'm confused

[/URL]

Comment

Hahaha, send to RCS to verified.

Original or aftermarket? I'm confused

[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Derick View Post
                              Hahaha, send to RCS to verified.

Wahahaha, cannot lah, each one verify $107, can buy many cigars leh....
                              Muayhahahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X