Time slow down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time slow down

Realize that the time on my GMT II tends to go about 3mins behind time after a month or so.

When I don't wear my watch I put in in a watch winder set to my watch's recommended TPD.

Can anyone advise if this slow down is acceptable?

Originally posted by Babolat View Post
    Realize that the time on my GMT II tends to go about 3mins behind time after a month or so.

When I don't wear my watch I put in in a watch winder set to my watch's recommended TPD.

Whether your GMT is new or old, running 3 minutes behind or ahead in a month shouldn't be acceptable, maybe you might want to send for servicing.

My GMT is running around 1 second ahead faster a day which I am very happy with it, so my thought was that all Rolex which are COSC certified should not behave this way.
    My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
    Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
    Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
    Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
    Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
    Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
    A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
    Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
    Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
    Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

Comment

Thanks for your advise.
      My watch is brand new from local AD. Not even 1 year old.....
      Maybe I should send it in to Rolex service center.

Comment

hard to say - you did not mention your wearing habits vs time on winder. i think it is still within COSC specs...

Thanks for your advise.
        My watch is brand new from local AD. Not even 1 year old.....
        Maybe I should send it in to Rolex service center.
        before you go and queue up (and waste time and money on parking, ERP, etc) at RSC... and letting them butcher your brand new watch...

set your watch to:

http://www.time.gov/widget.html

wear it on your wrist non-stop for 48 hours.

check back the above-mentioned website. see how fast or slow it is.

if it is within -4 to +6 seconds per day... don't waste your time/money. if it is outside that range, please proceed... with caution.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Okay. I will try this out.
          Hopefully it will stay within this range.
          Thanks!

Comment

If your watch is running slow then try placing your watch on a flat surface with the dial facing up overnight for a few days then your watch will gain a few secs each night while you wear the watch during the day time... or if you are not gonna wear your watch during the daytime then put it in your winder during the daytime then once you are back from work place the watch as mentioned above... might take a week or so for this technique to take effect... try this simple way to regulate the timing of your watch by yourself before sending it to rsc... if it's still losing more time then your watch might have been magnetised.. and you should proceed to rsc... let us know after you've triex this.. by the way this trick worked for me...
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k
            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
              If your watch is running slow then try placing your watch on a flat surface with the dial facing up overnight for a few days then your watch will gain a few secs each night while you wear the watch during the day time... or if you are not gonna wear your watch during the daytime then put it in your winder during the daytime then once you are back from work place the watch as mentioned above... might take a week or so for this technique to take effect... try this simple way to regulate the timing of your watch by yourself before sending it to rsc... if it's still losing more time then your watch might have been magnetised.. and you should proceed to rsc... let us know after you've triex this.. by the way this trick worked for me...
              this is from an old rolex movement - not really applicable to a modern rolex movement. you're making the time slow down or speed up based on how much energy is left in the mainspring more than a physical placement of the watch - modern rolex movements are usually accurate in all positions especially when PR is healthy.

i used this pic from the internet of an old rolex watch instruction sheet instead of editing your wall of text.

as mentioned earlier - the above instructions are from an old rolex watch.

if a watch has been magnetized, the watch usually runs fast and quite a lot faster every day, not -3 minutes a month.

simple math show it's possible it's running within COSC specs.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                this is from an old rolex movement - not really applicable to a modern rolex movement. you're making the time slow down or speed up based on how much energy is left in the mainspring more than a physical placement of the watch - modern rolex movements are usually accurate in all positions especially when PR is healthy.

i used this pic from the internet of an old rolex watch instruction sheet instead of editing your wall of text.

as mentioned earlier - the above instructions are from an old rolex watch.

if a watch has been magnetized, the watch usually runs fast and quite a lot faster every day, not -3 minutes a month.

simple math show it's possible it's running within COSC specs.
                But i've used this exact same method on my modern rolex and it worked... how...???

And thanks for the info on magnetised will run faster... always thought it would run slower...
                HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                Rolex ladies datejust
                vintage Cartier tank 18k
                TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                  But i've used this exact same method on my modern rolex and it worked... how...???
                  that means you have not read what i wrote properly.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X