importance of paper and box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importance of paper and box

hi would like to know the importance of the paper and box...

what kinda info is in the papers?
    if just for proving authencity... a verfication cert from RSC will suffice right?
    for the box..can we buy from RSC?
    for the paper..if we lose it,can we reorder it from RSC?
    i mean since they verify its a real rolex..they shd have no problem re-issuing the papers right?

Originally posted by deadbench View Post

if just for proving authencity... a verfication cert from RSC will suffice right?
    i mean since they verify its a real rolex..they shd have no problem re-issuing the papers right?
    The papers actually contain the owner's info,the date and place of purchase,the serial number the model number..it's actually the warrenty paper la.

RSC won't really give a cert,so to speak,it's just a piece of paper la.

Box and papers cannot be bought from RSC,only issued when u buy the watch. Box can be purchased thru online dealers like eBay but it's not really impt though,for pai swee only la.

Papers is like your IC which cannot be replaced even if it is lost.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by deadbench View Post

Hi,

as darkangel as rightly explained, the warranty papers/card actually contain the owner's info,the date and place of purchase,the serial number and the model number. The boxes are standard for all Rolex models depending on their year of productions and can be sourced easily if is not those for the vintage models. The warranty papers or cards are unique in that it has the serial number of the watch indicated on them. Most would prefer that the name of the previous owner is omitted from the warranty paper or card. If the watch is sent in for verification at RSC, only a service chit indicating that the verification service rendered is issued. There is no replacement of warranty papers or cards. So if they are lost, then they are lost forever.

my take on the relevance of paper/box for preowned Rolex watches is that it sort of give a "complete" package. Buyers tend to prefer a watch that comes in a "complete" set as oppose to one that is not. Watches that don't have the papers/box often result in sellers compensating it with lower selling prices while buyers negotiating for a lower buying prices. So if you are a buyer who is likely to flip your watch in future then the box/papers may be of considerations. But if the watch is a keeper, I personally think it don't matter much as long as you are certain of its authenticity. juz my humble opinion.

Cheers
      HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
      REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

I think the importance of paper and box depends on people la.

For me,box and the manuals would do gd,papers are not important for me. As long as I know my watch is authentic can already

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Rolex collecting trend is now 'Provenance'.i.e. Box and Papers....

Comment

I typically am prepared to pay 5-10% more if it is complete with the original box and papers.

Where possible, I always try to buy a kit that is complete... unless the price is so "right" and I am buying it as a wearer, or it is a very uncommon model in which case it is near impossible to find a complete set.

And when you do ... the complete set can cost 50-100% more than a similar year piece without the kit !!

But that said, if the boxes/manuals etc. are added on and not the original kit... one would not expect to pay much more ... maybe $100 compared to not having boxes/manual ? What is more important is to have the papers.
            Everything else you can search out from the market to make it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              I think the importance of paper and box depends on people la.

For me,box and the manuals would do gd,papers are not important for me. As long as I know my watch is authentic can already
              B&P not that impt to me..most importantly is the condition of the watch and i like it....
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Likewise, if I like the watch very much, and of course if the price is very attractive, I don't mind getting one without box and papers
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X