Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch running faster by 3mins in 1.5 months

Hi,

Would like to seek advise if my watch is within the specified limit. It's been about 1.5 months since I got it, and now my watch is 3mins faster.

Is this normal?

if it's not, do I bring it to RSC? it is still under warranty.

Originally posted by sunnycarp View Post
    Hi,

Would like to seek advise if my watch is within the specified limit. It's been about 1.5 months since I got it, and now my watch is 3mins faster.

Is this normal?

(3x60) / (1.5x30) = 4 sec per day. It's within COSC spec.

If it's a new watch, you can bring it in to ROC to see of they want to further regulate for you.

But in my opinion, it's acceptable.

Comment

That's good timing

Comment

update: my watch started going faster, now it's 1 min per week. so i sent it to rsc

Comment

Hi just curious.. ive seen many thread like this before so im just wondering why some people are very particular about the time being 1-3min faster every month, few sec slower etc.

Comment

it is because we have paid a few grand for the watch and would expect it of maintaining certain level of accuracy. In addtion, Rolex has very well established in house movements. Hence the higher expectation and then greater disappointment loh

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRage View Post
              Hi just curious.. ive seen many thread like this before so im just wondering why some people are very particular about the time being 1-3min faster every month, few sec slower etc.
              say you bought a car. but the accelerator doesn't work well and when you step on the accelerator, it doesn't accelerate but instead the speed only increases slightly. would you bring in your car for servicing?

Comment

In addition to what the members have pointed out, a higher deviation in accuracy that is out of COSC specs might indicate potential issues in the movement that if you do not get the watch checked it could lead to further damage that could increase servicing costs eventually, if out of warranty.

Comment

Hi,

Is this normal?

Its is normal ... unless yours is a quartz .. then cannot... hahaha

Comment

update: my watch started going faster, now it's 1 min per week. so i sent it to rsc
                    Are you wearing it regularly ? are u placing near magnetic areas

Comment

Yes. You can bring to RSC for the To regulate or demagnetized.
                      Tell them your concern. They will advice you from there.

Comment

Hi,

Is this normal?

still good timing!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X