Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably going to join the addictive club soon... But i got a query.... now i'm looking for a Rolex that can last me till old age..... and the fashion is always there... eg... DateJust.... u can wear at 30, 35,45, 50 ,60.... buy rolex becos it's rolex and buy a watch that last u generation.... any great advice...
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

• i think datejust in TT is the classic look. Alternatively, DD in YG also timeless look. Both equally nice watches, but up to you to decide.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• This is just my own opinion. I feel that you are right in saying that a DJ can last for as old as one can be. The design is everlasting. Be it from as young as a teenager to as old as a 100-yrs-old. I wouldn't say so if it was a sports series model.

Once, while attending a friend's function at her house, there were many people; friends as well as relatives, etc. I observed an old uncle (roughly in his 70s-80s), clad in short sleeve white (ah pek type) shirt (tucked-out), and grey bermudas, playing cards with few others. He was wearing a SS Sub . Yes; I was captivated by the watch, admiring every movements of his wrist. No; I didn't find it suitable on him. If he was wearing a classic ROLEX, it might not have been so glaring. It may be his dressing (didn't match), or looks (old and a little wrinkled) but it just didn't fit.

Having said all these, I am still saving up to buy one and if it takes me too long till I'm too old to wear one, I'll pass it down to my next generation. I still love ROLEX sports watches .

Thanks.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
          probably going to join the addictive club soon... But i got a query.... now i'm looking for a Rolex that can last me till old age..... and the fashion is always there... eg... DateJust.... u can wear at 30, 35,45, 50 ,60.... buy rolex becos it's rolex and buy a watch that last u generation.... any great advice...
          Datejust....since 1945. My datejust is about 40 yrs old and counting...

I think Datejust is the most classic watch Rolex has ever made.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          This is just my own opinion. I feel that you are right in saying that a DJ can last for as old as one can be. The design is everlasting. Be it from as young as a teenager to as old as a 100-yrs-old. I wouldn't say so if it was a sports series model.

Once, while attending a friend's function at her house, there were many people; friends as well as relatives, etc. I observed an old uncle (roughly in his 70s-80s), clad in short sleeve white (ah pek type) shirt (tucked-out), and grey bermudas, playing cards with few others. He was wearing a SS Sub . Yes; I was captivated by the watch, admiring every movements of his wrist. No; I didn't find it suitable on him. If he was wearing a classic ROLEX, it might not have been so glaring. It may be his dressing (didn't match), or looks (old and a little wrinkled) but it just didn't fit.

Having said all these, I am still saving up to buy one and if it takes me too long till I'm too old to wear one, I'll pass it down to my next generation. I still love ROLEX sports watches .

Thanks.
          I disagree with you....to me...ALL ROLEX WATCHES have to limitations..

Old man can wear sporty watch
          young man can wear YG watch..(which I am trying to do )
          Last edited by Darkangel; 04-07-08, 10:25 PM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• But will a brandnew Datejust, after 1 or 2 years, price depreciate fast? looking at the price datejust $7XXX... and datejust TOG..$9XXX . However I see Sub and SD prices keep going up..

Any good recommendation to buy a brandnew Datejust? and what is the best prices that i can get? what is the warranty period? 2 years and covers all issues?

Comment

But will a brandnew Datejust, after 1 or 2 years, price depreciate fast? looking at the price datejust $7XXX... and datejust TOG..$9XXX . However I see Sub and SD prices keep going up..

Any good recommendation to buy a brandnew Datejust? and what is the best prices that i can get? what is the warranty period? 2 years and covers all issues?
              The difference between a brand new DJ and a preowned DJ is about 2-3k diff depending on the age also though. I think if u want to buy something to keep,buy the datejust. Something to trade would be the sports models.

Well you can't do without either... hehehe...get both

best price if u pay cash is about 18%...2 years...covers as usual only manufacturing defects.

Comment

• Is there an online website that i can see the whole series of 2007 and 2008 brandnew DJ? besides Rolex website. CAn pm me if we can't type into this thread. can u also recommend those of the better local AD in terms of prices for brandnew DJ? tks.

Comment

• aiyo, go walk te streets n pay these shops a visit la..
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Is there an online website that i can see the whole series of 2007 and 2008 brandnew DJ? besides Rolex website. CAn pm me if we can't type into this thread. can u also recommend those of the better local AD in terms of prices for brandnew DJ? tks.
                    Wow...I would REALLY want to find such a site man..it would be like the PERFECT SITE! But sadly....no such thing...

That's why they force you to go down to their ADs. Dun be lazy!

Comment

• sometimes also difficult when you know you are just looking only with no intent on buying, i guess some people will feel guilty
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        sometimes also difficult when you know you are just looking only with no intent on buying, i guess some people will feel guilty
                        Yeah true...some ppl not so thick skinned

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          Wow...I would REALLY want to find such a site man..it would be like the PERFECT SITE! But sadly....no such thing...

That's why they force you to go down to their ADs. Dun be lazy!

Actually i wanted to buy... just wanted to be thorough to look thru the whole series and know what i want and focus on certain type of face, bracelet type, color,.. YG...and etc.. Kind of KiaSu... but no choice leh.. I'm going to spend thousands on this watch which can last me..

Comment

Actually i wanted to buy... just wanted to be thorough to look thru the whole series and know what i want and focus on certain type of face, bracelet type, color,.. YG...and etc.. Kind of KiaSu... but no choice leh.. I'm going to spend thousands on this watch which can last me..
                            I got a little guide to help u or those who are looking for Datejusts and are lost.

What to choose?

1) Material : SS,TT,YG,Rose G,White G?
                            2) Bracelet : Oyster or Jubilee?
                            3) Bezel : Fluted WG bezel? (Applicable for SS models only)
                            4) Dial markers: Arabic,Roman numerals,stick,diamond?
                            5) Colour: Whichever is applicable
                            6) Type of dial: MOP,standard,goldust,meteorite,diamond?

Actually some of the parts are for those with deeper pockets. like the meteorite,goldust or diamond studded face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              I got a little guide to help u or those who are looking for Datejusts and are lost.

What to choose?

1) Material : SS,TT,YG,Rose G,White G? <TT>
                              2) Bracelet : Oyster or Jubilee? <Oyster>
                              3) Bezel : Fluted WG bezel? (Applicable for SS models only) <fluted YG bezel>
                              4) Dial markers: Arabic,Roman numerals,stick,diamond? <numeral:12345..>
                              5) Colour: Whichever is applicable <White face>
                              6) Type of dial: MOP,standard,goldust,meteorite,diamond? <Standard>

Actually some of the parts are for those with deeper pockets. like the meteorite,goldust or diamond studded face.

Where can i get a good AD... to shop for the above... best price and best customer service in your opinion! First time buying ROLEX.....

Comment

Where can i get a good AD... to shop for the above... best price and best customer service in your opinion! First time buying ROLEX.....
                                Wah this 1 is hard...coz price and service would depend on the AD and the SA serving you. If he's having a bad day...and that day he served me well...it's hard to say man.

But I heard Watch Palace has a reasonably big variety of watches....should be good for buying a DJ

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X