Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not too sure about the price of that model and if you are buying new from an AD, there's really no need to check for authenticity. However, if you are buying from a private seller/pre-owned shop, you may have the watch authenticated at the ROLEX Service Centre, at a fee of $75 to $100.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Hi Guru,

I'm unable to decide which model to get, 16610LN Sub or 16710 GMT? Both model I like, headache!

Seek your advise which ones is more worth.

Many Thanks!

Comment

• Both are diff models - one a diver watch and the other a 'travel' watch. One is a current (new) model and the other is a old (discon) model. The Sub-C also costs more right? Have you tried both the watches on your wrist? Size wise, not very big diff but the Sub will have a wider lug than the GMT. If I can find a good condition set for the GMT, I'll get it first. Why? Simply because it is nice, sits pretty on my wrist, cheaper and since it is a discon model, it will be harder to get in the market. The Sub can wait. Why? Because it is new in the market and is still selling at high price. The price should (hopefully) go down by mid-late next year. And it should not be too hard to get too.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanks for the advise.

Sorry, it should be 116710LN GMT.

For the New Sub, it costs around $10k plus. Was told by AD that it's List Price, worth to buy now before another round of price increase in Jan 2011.

If you are right, think it's better to buy the GMT 1st. Thanks!

Comment

• If it's the new model GMT II-C, then it's really up to you already. There are plenty of references on the price of the GMT II-C so you can search and read up. This model is not too old and is a current production model so you should not worry too much of not being able to get it, even with some discount. As for the Sub-C, I've already mentioned it in my earlier post.

Happy shopping
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanks Guru!

Comment

• Have decided to get GMT instead!

Will go for hunting tmr after work, and hope there's available stock.

Comment

• hi all,

I am super new to this forum...
                  I know this is a super old question.

I am keen to get one rolex! (ladies)
                  Actually kinda keen in Explorer II, but I think the size is too big.
                  Any good recommendation? Thx!

Comment

• Originally posted by shene View Post
                    hi all,

Oversized watches are nice on ladies too. Just need to get use to it. I've seen some ladies and even know some who own 44mm Panerais!

Happy Buying!

Comment

hi all,

Hi & welcome

I have seen many ladies wearing the Explorer II and they looked really pretty. These ladies are not big size too. But if you are concern, try the Explorer I (114270).
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi all,

Try it yet? If not, pls dun hesitate to try it. You might love it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Hi & welcome

I have seen many ladies wearing the Explorer II and they looked really pretty. These ladies are not big size too. But if you are concern, try the Explorer I (114270).
                          Hihi,

Apologies for my ignorance. I am unable to find 114270 on the rollie website.
                          Explorer II black looks nicer to me.

So what's the main difference between Explorer and Explorer II?

Comment

• You can google for their pics. Some general differences at a glance:

- Exp1 (114270) is only in black dial & case is 36mm (the new Exp1 - 214270 is 39mm)
                            - Exp2 comes in black & white dial and is 40mm big
                            - Exp1 has no date function while Exp2 has, and also has a GMT function
                            - Exp1 comes in small & plain bezel while Exp2 has numbered bezel
                            - Exp1, being 'dateless', does not have the cyclops, while the Exp2 has

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If it's the new model GMT II-C, then it's really up to you already. There are plenty of references on the price of the GMT II-C so you can search and read up. This model is not too old and is a current production model so you should not worry too much of not being able to get it, even with some discount. As for the Sub-C, I've already mentioned it in my earlier post.

Happy shopping
                              Finally, manage to get GMT at Lucky Plaza. (Watch Palace)

Been a few AD, all out of stock.

Cheers! 

Comment

You can google for their pics. Some general differences at a glance:

- Exp1 (114270) is only in black dial & case is 36mm (the new Exp1 - 214270 is 39mm)
                                - Exp2 comes in black & white dial and is 40mm big
                                - Exp1 has no date function while Exp2 has, and also has a GMT function
                                - Exp1 comes in small & plain bezel while Exp2 has numbered bezel
                                - Exp1, being 'dateless', does not have the cyclops, while the Exp2 has

Hey,
                                Thx for the info, I went ard to check out Explorer today.

Explorer 1 (114270) 36mm
                                Best quote : SGD5,992 (Brand new); $4,200 (Pre-owned)
                                All the dealers are saying that since Explorer 1 (39mm) is out, people like to collect the Explorer 1 (36mm). Is this true?

Also, may I know how to read the serial number? Brand new starts with "V" while the pre-owned starts with "D".

Anyone can advise? Thx

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X