Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come most pre owned Rolex no box and cert???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come most pre owned Rolex no box and cert???

I very curious hope you guys can enlighten me. Most pre owned Rolex I see selling without box and cert. Why is it so? Why would anyone not keep the box and cert properly? Or they just throw it away? Such an expensive watch surely must keep the box and papers properly right. Most of my watch I bought like Seiko, Orient I kept the box for years never throw or lost during moving house as claim by most people.

not everyone is like you, or rather, like the majority of us. you have to see, there are people who purchase a watch, without even resizing properly. to them a box is nothing.

when i bought my first mac, i kept all my inner and outer box, cables, even the cable ties and bag they came in. but ask the average joe, and they will take out the parts, and throw away the box.

end of the day: different people have different perceptions, some keep the box, others just want the watch, etc
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Most of my "older" friends don't keep boxes and they throw away their papers once warranty expired... unless nice pp boxes they keep... others they keep in multi watches box...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        not everyone is like you, or rather, like the majority of us. you have to see, there are people who purchase a watch, without even resizing properly. to them a box is nothing.

when i bought my first mac, i kept all my inner and outer box, cables, even the cable ties and bag they came in. but ask the average joe, and they will take out the parts, and throw away the box.

end of the day: different people have different perceptions, some keep the box, others just want the watch, etc
        Keeping a laptop box and a watch box is different. Laptop boxes are bulky so usually I also will throw away once I bring it home and take out the laptop. And also when you sell away a laptop with or without the packaging the price dun have any difference. But a watch box will affect the price when selling the watch and the watch box is smaller so can be easily stow away in the drawer of a wardrobe.

Comment

my view, cert are useless once expired and the original owners dont want to let new buyers see their names on it,in case its someone who know them.

box, if you see the older rolex boxes,they are huge bigger than shoe boxes and cant fit into drawers.most people live in apartments/flats and always not enough space to keep old stuff.

In the US and Europe, its different,they have the space to keep these things,that is the reason why they have so much old stuff to sell on ebay.
          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
          1) WG DIA 18239
          2) YG DIA 18238
          3) WG 18239
          4) YG 18238
          5) YG 18248G Bark
          6) WG DIA 18039
          7) WG 18039
          8) YG 18038
          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
          12) WG 1803
          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
          1)GMT II 116718 18K
          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
          2)D15037 14k
          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

well... I think, some buyers just want a watch and if it means $50 less without a box / papers they'll buy it and save whatever they can.

for the more 'serious' collectors, a box and papers may show how a collector cares about their watch collection. Also papers can serve as a indication of how old the watch is and is actually quite nice for collectors of vintage pieces, where they can compare how old warranty papers look like to the new ones etc. I believe names on certs can be blacked out with markers or anything, so its not that bad actually.

for me i like complete sets and i will find space to keep the boxes of course unless you're talking about my G-Shock. haha
            fallraen
            "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by hammer888 View Post
              Keeping a laptop box and a watch box is different. Laptop boxes are bulky so usually I also will throw away once I bring it home and take out the laptop. ...
              Then I must be one of the abnormal ones then. Every electrical appliance I have the box for; even my microwave i keep the box (and put things inside )
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I very curious hope you guys can enlighten me. Most pre owned Rolex I see selling without box and cert. Why is it so? Why would anyone not keep the box and cert properly? Or they just throw it away? Such an expensive watch surely must keep the box and papers properly right. Most of my watch I bought like Seiko, Orient I kept the box for years never throw or lost during moving house as claim by most people.
                the story about the box and the cert being lost when moving house is in my view a convenient one to explain away the fact the watch they intend to sell was bought preowned. Moreover shop who buy watches from owners are
                usually not very fuzzy about box and cert - as long as the price is good!

Comment

Once a preowned shop told me if i wan to sell my watch just bring the watch can liao if got paper is just a little better, cos the rest still can be bought from outside(except cert). The most important thing is the watch condition must be good....
                  Current:
                  No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by SinBanLi View Post
                    the story about the box and the cert being lost when moving house is in my view a convenient one to explain away the fact the watch they intend to sell was bought preowned. Moreover shop who buy watches from owners are
                    usually not very fuzzy about box and cert - as long as the price is good!
                    Ya I also think so. If not how come every time move house sure lost a couple of Rolex boxes and papers. LOL

Comment

Ya I also think so. If not how come every time move house sure lost a couple of Rolex boxes and papers. LOL
                      Becos the house got more important things to shift then rolex...
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X