Bracelet and Case Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leslie View Post
    actually i dun mind those scratches I put myself..but RSC which is supposed to take care of you watches put some deep scratches on the visible part of the lugs..this is scary..
    very valid points there. if they as RSC cannot take care, then i think they better wake up their f*****g idea.

to be honest, all this polishing for me is no biggie, but i hate to polish when not required (ie. scratches due to recklessness [different meaning to carelessness])
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      very valid points there. if they as RSC cannot take care, then i think they better wake up their f*****g idea.

to be honest, all this polishing for me is no biggie, but i hate to polish when not required (ie. scratches due to recklessness [different meaning to carelessness])

correct lor..these people should wake up their ideas..if they wanna do reckless job..then charge lower fees..one rolex can cost up to 10k now and they wanna treat the watch like some casio..i did wrote in to geneva but I doubt they are gonna do anything abt it..

overpolishing can round up the lugs then what's the point of buying a new watch when the watch got over polished just after 2 weeks..

Comment

Can thre b a 'conspiracy theory'? Run down the watch so tat customer will buy mre??
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
          correct lor..these people should wake up their ideas..if they wanna do reckless job..then charge lower fees..one rolex can cost up to 10k now and they wanna treat the watch like some casio..i did wrote in to geneva but I doubt they are gonna do anything abt it..

overpolishing can round up the lugs then what's the point of buying a new watch when the watch got over polished just after 2 weeks..
          rolex price can range from 8K - 100k+ if they treat it like some el cheapo watch, then I think we better start looking to other brands.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Can thre b a 'conspiracy theory'? Run down the watch so tat customer will buy mre??
          i think industry does that. Ever notice why the computer shop always ring back and tell you that the HDD/GFx card need changing
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

HD is much cheaper..save a long time to get a rolex only to get destroyed by the rolex tech itself..are they trained to destroy watches? even if it is a seiko 5, you should also handle it carefully because the watch belongs to the customer..thong sia's technicians standards are much higher than those in rolex in my opinion..as least they do not scratch up your seiko 5..

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonsmith View Post

After reading about the various methods WIS' use to maintain their watch cases, bracelets, and cleaning rituals, I decided to compile a page that list many of these routines.

I posted it over at http://www.minus4plus6.com/maintenance.htm

Comments, suggestions, additions, and spell check's welcome.

-Sheldon
              Thanks for the tips Sheldon!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X