Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pin holes BETTER or No Pin holes BETTER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin holes BETTER or No Pin holes BETTER?

Of course, newer model ones are without pin holes but take Sub for an example, when choosing two Sub with the same year production, one with pin holes and the other without, which one is better? Any difference in price value? Let the experts start the talking....

Aiyo friend, tis topic oso got discussed b4 lah.. let me find for u.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Of course, newer model ones are without pin holes but take Sub for an example, when choosing two Sub with the same year production, one with pin holes and the other without, which one is better? Any difference in price value? Let the experts start the talking....
      The answer is 'YES'. And the difference can be as much as 5% of the value of the watch. It's a common question that all preowned dealers/buyers/collectors will ask when you tell them that you have a preowned sports Rolex for sale.

As for which is better, you will have to define better better. If one doesn't mind pinhole for making the watch looks a bit older, then pinhole is a good choice too because they're cheaper and they allow the bracelet to be removed easier
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Aiyo friend, tis topic oso got discussed b4 lah.. let me find for u.
        Oceanklassik, sorry sorry, haven't got the time to read ALL the past threads...
        excuse me as I am a newbie here....

BTW, really hard to think of some topics to discuss that are not discussed b4 here....

Comment

No worries, just to share and talk cock oni..

Here it is tho nt very close to topic: http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=442&highlight=holes
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            No worries, just to share and talk cock oni..

Here it is tho nt very close to topic: http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=442&highlight=holes
            Ocean is old bird now ok...

Hahahaha...

But I think it's personal preference. If you are the type that likes to take out bracelet and stuff often then take the 1 with pinhole, coz with pinhole easier to remove.

But if you just buy to like wear only...get the 1 w/o pinhole...looks abit better I think...more solid

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              But I think it's personal preference. If you are the type that likes to take out bracelet and stuff often then take the 1 with pinhole, coz with pinhole easier to remove.
              Yes, I think it is more of personal preference. I still remember when I bought my Sub (with pin holes) 6 years ago, soon after that Rolex introduce Sub with NO PIN HOLES... Heart pain at that time, but now I find that I like my Sub with Pin Holes than without as it has more "vintage" feel...

Comment

It's a short-run question, since the non pinhole versious are newer.

In the long run it probably would not make any real diff. In fact, if you look at models which had long production runs e.g. GMT 1675 ... those which were earlier with 'matt' dials now command 20-30% more than the later ones with gloss dials. Similar for 5513 (I think)...
                but when they were fairly new, people probably wanted the 'newer' dials too.

I am ok with either. For me a bigger concern is tritium vs luminova... since the former does not work anymore . But some people will tell you they prefer the look of creamy aged tritium.

Comment

Personal preference la....buy what you like

Comment

Think this is matter of personal preferences ... for me, I generally prefer pinholes ...
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

for me i prefer no pin holes, if want to change strap, get a pin fork.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

The end pieces of a bracelet meant for a watch with pin holes are flushed at the underside of the the lugs when fitted.

So I would think that u can't attach a bracelet meant for a watch with pin holes to a watch that has no pin holes. Or at least u can but I can't figure out how u're going to subsequently detach the bracelet without damaging it.

However, u won't have such a problem when u attach a bracelet meant for a watch with no pin holes onto a watch with pin holes.

Guess we can still appreciate holes .
                        Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Comment

Pin hole or no pin hole, as long as it's a rolex, it's a good watch...
                          Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

What i say is purely from the heart. No discrimination, No offence, just pure BS.

Comment

Originally posted by sbit_sg View Post
                            Pin hole or no pin hole, as long as it's a rolex, it's a good watch...
                            Cant agree more

Comment

pinholes for me. removing bracelet from SD is a *****!
                              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X