Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO it needs to be at least 250-300kg for a proper safe in the house.
    anything smaller can be carried off with easy by professional burglars.

even if its wall mounted, the baddies will find a way to rip it out of the wall.
    the main idea is to make it very difficult for them.
    the baddies will get what they want if they are very determined....even carrying off a 300kg safe.

and for 300kg, u would want to check the floor loading of your house also prior to purchase.

there are also international ratings on how long they can stand an attack and/or fire. this can also be a consideration to purchase.

hope this helps

Comment

put the watches inside the big fridge then padlock it with different kind of locks also can...hahahaaa....
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
        IMHO it needs to be at least 250-300kg for a proper safe in the house.
        anything smaller can be carried off with easy by professional burglars.

even if its wall mounted, the baddies will find a way to rip it out of the wall.
        the main idea is to make it very difficult for them.
        the baddies will get what they want if they are very determined....even carrying off a 300kg safe.

and for 300kg, u would want to check the floor loading of your house also prior to purchase.

there are also international ratings on how long they can stand an attack and/or fire. this can also be a consideration to purchase.

hope this helps
        300kg not really feasible in singapore leh..how to buy a 300kg safe and put at home?

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          in oz, we have those safe shops, where there is lierally heaps of safe to choose from. never seen before in sg, so not sure.

i also know a manufactuer of safes, for those interested in importing their own safe
          my 5 years old korean safe paint work peeled off at some parts of the exterior..i also dunno why? issit because my house no air-con? my office safe 5-6 years liao paint work still looking great..

should i buy a new one or buy paint to touch up those parts that has peeled off? if i buy new one i think 5 years later will also kanna..house no air-con air abit damp..

i suspect it is like our PC..office pc casing all the pci slot looks shiny even after 6-7 years..home computer pci slots after 1-2 years also rust liao..

Comment

i never heard of paint peeling, i should ask are you staying near the coast? ie. high salt areas.

those paint can easily touch up if you want, just besure to sand the metal abit to give it some adhesion.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

my house near mountain leh..i think could be due to damp air in HDB flat..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                my 5 years old korean safe paint work peeled off at some parts of the exterior..i also dunno why? issit because my house no air-con? my office safe 5-6 years liao paint work still looking great..
                longevity depends on the quality and finish of the paint, usually its epoxy based paint and not some normal stuff on the high end safes. also lacquer coated and overn baked finish like a car. this is very good way of curing the paint to adhere well to the surface.

most of the good safe companies will warranty the finish and have a description in the product brief

300kg not really feasible in singapore leh..how to buy a 300kg safe and put at home?
                change house to accomodate your hobby!

---------------------

oh and BTW, if you have few hundred K Euro to spare, these guys deliver and install worldwide. their safes are first rate and fit for a european nobelman

www.stockinger.com

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
                  longevity depends on the quality and finish of the paint, usually its epoxy based paint and not some normal stuff on the high end safes. also lacquer coated and overn baked finish like a car. this is very good way of curing the paint to adhere well to the surface.

most of the good safe companies will warranty the finish and have a description in the product brief

change house to accomodate your hobby!

---------------------

oh and BTW, if you have few hundred K Euro to spare, these guys deliver and install worldwide. their safes are first rate and fit for a european nobelman

www.stockinger.com

u mean paint work peeled off could be due to damp environment? for example, no air con so air is much more damp than those with air-con.

so now if I were to buy another one, 5 years later same thing will happen? like that also no point liao..

Comment

u mean paint work peeled off could be due to damp environment? for example, no air con so air is much more damp than those with air-con.

so now if I were to buy another one, 5 years later same thing will happen? like that also no point liao..

nope thats not what i meant, damp or no damp. the paint should stick.
                    it has nothing to do with A/C or no A/C.

like car body paint, rain + shine it still stays on even when exposed to elements.

Comment

wow..like that must spend money again..most of the safes sold are korean made..wait 5 years later still peels off sure sibeh sian..

Comment

im quite sure the safe also go thru baking process, just like car.

if you need ink my uncle is manufacturer, i see if he got those type for safe. any info PM me. i let you know.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Eagle Safes: Good?

Hi,

any brother here has experience or use Eagle Safe?

http://www.filedex.com.sg/product2.htm

thanks in advance

Comment

I think Chubb safes are better.

http://www.chubb.com.sg

Comment

i also think chubb are better but i think they also cost much more..

some pricing info on the Eagle Safes (from straits time):

ES-031D $720
                              SS-031D $498

between Key + Mechanical lock vs Combination Lock / Es- Electronic Push Button, which is better choice?

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

Chubb and Eagle safes are in different league altogether.
                                If I'm not wrong, Eagle safes are from Korea. I bought one of their safes that can tuck snugly in the wardrobe cabinet more than 10 years ago. Basically safes are more or less the same. Both share the same virtue, to serve as a deterrent.
                                For me, the eagle has served me well all these years.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X