combi locks like hard to reset den muz turn here and there zzzz
    走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
    没有爱情的人是否会长命
    坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
    究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
    没有人能了解我 现在的心情
    想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

electronic stuff have shelf life.. problem if you intend to use the safe for long..

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
      why electronic ones dun last leh?

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
        electronic stuff have shelf life.. problem if you intend to use the safe for long..
        ic.. den those in carrefour or ntuc hub safe boxes aint reliable liao?
        走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
        没有爱情的人是否会长命
        坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
        究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
        没有人能了解我 现在的心情
        想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

keke... what safe boxes? everything is in relative la... electronic can be reliable too.. up to individual... i prefer mech over electronic...

Comment

not hard once you get used to it. at first i also turn like siao... now used to it.
            Originally posted by Reborn View Post
            ...code cannot be changed.

there's a counter at IMM, selling Korean made ones. About SGD 500 and above, depending on size. Their mechanical ones come with sealed envelope with code inside. And I was told those are fixed.

Imagine.... "You buy the safe from them, they have the code in their record, and they know where the safe is delivered to..." how to buy?

The electronic kind you can change the codes yourself but I understand electronic systems don't last and spoil easily too... that's what I read on some websites....
            a risk you take, but in all honesty.. highly unlikely.

for some brand/model (more expensive) .. the mechanical code can be changed.

and i agree that mechanical safe would outlast the electronic counterpart
            actually ALL can be changed, its just the disc inside the door. change the disc and you change the combo

define long... my uncle got one....about 30yrs old and still kicking damn solid safe that is.

those are as good as a metal box with a "solid" door ......... not advisable to buy. at that price you are just fooling yourself to think that you are getting anything worth while.

final note: like ive said before, the safeis only as good as the environment if your environment is not secure in the first place, any safe regardless of size/make/etc will not do its job.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi,

any brother here has experience or use Eagle Safe?

http://www.filedex.com.sg/product2.htm

thanks in advance
              got lah..my 5 year old eagle safe paint works all peeled off liao..

got a new booil safe..better finishing lah..

can contact Mr Ong if you wanna have a look at the safes..quite a nice fellow..

http://www.herculesafe.com/

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                key and mechanical lock is better imo. however combination lock and electronic keypad should be harder to break/crack.

at the end of the day, a safe's quality is based on three things
                1) the quality of materials, no use a big safe if the material is substandard. any oxygas gun will cut thru it like a hot knife thru butter.
                2) construction (everything needs to be sealed. ie hinges, internal joints etc.)
                3) area of which it will be housed in. bolting it to the floor and walls may be good, but will the construction hold up??
                actually thiefs in singapore not so hiong like those italian job or ocean 13 people so normal safes should good for normal use..

one of the best safe is from fichet-bauche, the safes are approved by insurance underwriter for use in banks, military, money changer etc..

saw one 2 months back..price around $1200 for a 180kg safe..

http://www.fichet-bauche.com/GPS/Fic...et-bauche.com/

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  anyone know how to change the mechanical combo??
                  only more expensive models can change combination..few hundred bucks one cannot..hoho

Comment

hmm...the sales person for Diplomat Safes told me the mechanical code cannot be changed leh...
                    Diplomat Safes are for keeping diplomas? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by mleewh View Post

if pcb board corroded by battery liao then the whole lock must be drilled in order to open the safe..quite troublesome..

Comment

• er.. i wanna ask.. usually you all buy wad size for the safes?

ermz.. got one local safe coy.. call dunno wad "sa" something something one...
                        走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                        没有爱情的人是否会长命
                        坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                        究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                        没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                        想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          not hard once you get used to it. at first i also turn like siao... now used to it.

a risk you take, but in all honesty.. highly unlikely.

actually ALL can be changed, its just the disc inside the door. change the disc and you change the combo

define long... my uncle got one....about 30yrs old and still kicking damn solid safe that is.

those are as good as a metal box with a "solid" door ......... not advisable to buy. at that price you are just fooling yourself to think that you are getting anything worth while.

final note: like ive said before, the safeis only as good as the environment if your environment is not secure in the first place, any safe regardless of size/make/etc will not do its job.
                          actually i wanted to a get a electronic one initially because faster to open if wanna run road assuming if kena fire..hehe..but i was told that electronic lock do have a lock out period of 5 mins if you key in the wrong pin 3 times..LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by leslie View Post

actually i wanted to a get a electronic one initially because faster to open if wanna run road assuming if kena fire..hehe..but i was told that electronic lock do have a lock out period of 5 mins if you key in the wrong pin 3 times..LOL
                            dats why you have a master key to open it..if electronic fails
                            走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                            没有爱情的人是否会长命
                            坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                            究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                            没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                            想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

er.. i wanna ask.. usually you all buy wad size for the safes?

ermz.. got one local safe coy.. call dunno wad "sa" something something one...
                              buy the size where you can put diploma certs one lor..

Comment

dats why you have a master key to open it..if electronic fails
                                i think the key must be used with the code as well..just like combination locks..use key liao still must turn the dial correctly..4 times right, 3 times left, etc..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X