Leather NATO strap for GMT2c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather NATO strap for GMT2c

Has anyone tried the combination of leather NATO strap with your GMT2c?
    Looking around locally and found mostly nylon straps.. Wanted a leather strap but search high low also cannot get reference.. Most pics on net are Subs and non c Gmt.

Only found Altstraps, but dunno much about them.
    So, anyone has any reference to the following:

1) pictures of Gmt2c with leather NATO strap
    2) source of leather NATO strap in Singapore
    3) review on Altstraps for their quality and company

Big Thank you inadvance everyone.. Much appreciated
    相信我,这是最后一只了

While this won't help in terms of photos, I was searching for leather natos awhile back and here's some leads you can follow-up on..

1. Steve-O straps, which I read about on timetechtalk (3T) forum. Emailed Steveo, paid 60usd and got 4 leather natos in return - 2 with leather keepers in place of the typical metal buckles. Straps were pretty decent, nothing to shout about but hey they were damn cheap man... so no grounds for complaining...

2. Wotancraft has leather natos, which I should think are customisable. I dunno how much, but if you're willing to spend the $$...

3. Another pricey alternative is Corvus watches, which sells a horween leather zulu - looks nicer than a leather nato if you ask me, but the price is damn steep

4. Peter Gunny of gunnystraps (can google it) also does leather nato. Pete is based in Indon, so reduced issue with email communications since similar timezone - same wld go for wotancraft since its TW-based (?)

5. Actually, I suspect if you mail one of the local strapmakers e.g. JnS, there's a chance they'd be willing to do it too - which covers the local option? Worth a try, I wish I'd thought of it earlier...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
      While this won't help in terms of photos, I was searching for leather natos awhile back and here's some leads you can follow-up on..

1. Steve-O straps, which I read about on timetechtalk (3T) forum. Emailed Steveo, paid 60usd and got 4 leather natos in return - 2 with leather keepers in place of the typical metal buckles. Straps were pretty decent, nothing to shout about but hey they were damn cheap man... so no grounds for complaining...

2. Wotancraft has leather natos, which I should think are customisable. I dunno how much, but if you're willing to spend the $$...

3. Another pricey alternative is Corvus watches, which sells a horween leather zulu - looks nicer than a leather nato if you ask me, but the price is damn steep

4. Peter Gunny of gunnystraps (can google it) also does leather nato. Pete is based in Indon, so reduced issue with email communications since similar timezone - same wld go for wotancraft since its TW-based (?)

5. Actually, I suspect if you mail one of the local strapmakers e.g. JnS, there's a chance they'd be willing to do it too - which covers the local option? Worth a try, I wish I'd thought of it earlier...

Cheers!
      Valuable info, Big thank you for the effort in such detailed reply, will go through them. Was hoping to find ready made straps first, try out the nato leather look before getting pricey customised ones.

Found one shop at Beencolen shopping willing to customise but priced at $150 - $200 a pop.
      Thanks again!!
      相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Hey no prob man. But if its for a GMT2c... spend abit more for a nice strap, its worth it. There's no joy in picking up a bargain and realizing its nowhere as classy as the watch its supposed to be worn with... That's what I learnt from my purchase!

If you get the bencoolen one, do post pics! Curious to see how that turns out...

Comment

I have been looking around for leather nato straps too as they look tough and rugged on rolex sport series.... Therefore had tried making leather nato straps for my rollies as a hobby....

Comment

Here is a brown lamb skin nato strap that i had made....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X