re: wire transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: wire transfer

anyone can teach me how to wire transfer money to usa?
    any charges?

anyone can help me?

Comment

go to bank and make a few enquiries
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

you will need to go down to your bank and apply for wire transfer. you will be charged for cable / service fees, etc. Do take note of the exchange rate...

Comment

You have to check with your bank?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by raymond888 View Post
            you will need to go down to your bank and apply for wire transfer. you will be charged for cable / service fees, etc. Do take note of the exchange rate...
            i see,because i need to transfer usd 6000 to us for GMT 16710 3186,
            thanks for your help,hopefully not so expensive

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguy View Post
              i see,because i need to transfer usd 6000 to us for GMT 16710 3186,
              thanks for your help,hopefully not so expensive
              first, u need to know the bank and swift codes of the bank and the bank's full address you're going to wire the $$...followed by the name of the account holder and his account number...

once you've this...u can then go to the bank to do the wire....a nominal fee will be charged...try to call the bank hotline and they'll tell u in details...i can't remember now if i did a wire transfer via phone banking...but i'm sure i did a wire at the bank itself....wiring takes 3-7 days depending where's the location....1 day for local bank to wire the $$, 1-4 days for the receivng bank to acknowledge receipt of the funds..

cheers

james
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

why not use western union?i have tried bank wire,if i remember correctly the US bank would also charge some fees.This fees our local bank would not be able to answer you how much they will charge. You have to tell the seller to check with their bank before you make your way to the bank or calling the bank.
                Last edited by louie; 18-07-08, 11:12 AM.

Comment

western unions fees are hefty, also no chance of finding out who cashed your payment iirc (hence it is the preferred payment gateway for scammers)
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

yes,they are the most expensive but hassle free for me.To cash out the agent would verify recepient's ID to match. So far all my WU experience were good.

Comment

thanks for ur help,just check with DBS bank is charging me $30.20 for transfer USD6000 to usa,do your think 16710 gmt II pepsi 3186 is a good buy for this price?

Comment

TS,i just check with my accounts on the bank transfer.They only would charge 1 over 8 percent for bank wire,commission and cable charge of SGD20 to wire out your monies.All of this would amt to abt SGD50 if you are wiring SGD8000.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguy View Post
                          thanks for ur help,just check with DBS bank is charging me $30.20 for transfer USD6000 to usa,do your think 16710 gmt II pepsi 3186 is a good buy for this price?
                          slightly above list price,still acceptable.I hope you have done your homework on the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                            slightly above list price,still acceptable.I hope you have done your homework on the seller.
                            yup...one of my friend bought it USD 5750,now my turn is USD6000 liao...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

once you've this...u can then go to the bank to do the wire....a nominal fee will be charged...try to call the bank hotline and they'll tell u in details...i can't remember now if i did a wire transfer via phone banking...but i'm sure i did a wire at the bank itself....wiring takes 3-7 days depending where's the location....1 day for local bank to wire the $$, 1-4 days for the receivng bank to acknowledge receipt of the funds..

james
                              Depending on your arrangement with the seller... you have to agree who bears the incoming charges. If sender, you can tell the bank that recipient needs to receive net amount $6k ... so you will bear all charges.

Some banks use an intermediary bank ... if so , this drives up the charges. So ask.

Not for watches but other stuff, I've wired money as far as Moscow, the Ukraine, Romania ... but not in these past few years!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X