No announcement yet.

What exactly is a Chapter Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the little crown on the chapter ring. It is slightly slightly off the left if you look at it. I don't know if the ppl in Rolex will laugh at me for the question. haha

Comment

"Laugh at you"..

I don't think so. It is something they must respond to professionally. But come to think of it - did it state anywhere that the engraved crown on the chapter ring MUST be exactly in the centre? This is similar to my very early discussion on the direction of the crown when you lock it. That is, should the crown face up at 12 o'clock, down at 6 o'clock, or which particular direction is correct?

Simply put it - why can't the watch engineers in ROLEX designed it in a way that the crown is accurately facing upwards when it is locked ?!
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ALL are coronets on the rehaut are centred @ 12 o'clock...no doubt about that.

Have it checked out.

Cheers!
        [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Any update?

Hi TS,

How is it? Have you checked with RSC?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by babyfolio View Post
            Any chapter ring on a 16710 GMTII Z series or M series?
            sorry to dig out this thread,but would like to know this qns too.
            Corners are dangerous so get through them as fast as you can

Comment

If you bother to search here, I think you can get the answer. And on your qns, yes, some came with the chapter ring.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Ac78 View Post
                sori, may i noe wat's chapter ring ? tks
                If you are talking about where the Rolex Rolex Rolex is on the inner ring the correct terminology for this is the the Rehaut ring.
                The chapter ring is just the minute markings around any dial on watch or clock.And from 2004 Serial F/D on some models the Rolex Rolex Rolex started on the Rehaut ring

Comment

Originally posted by SDraiser View Post
                  Just to clarify. Does the M series Sea Dweller come with Chapter Ring? No offense. Sorry for my ignorance...
                  M series sea-dweller no have chapter ring la.

Comment

The ROLEX Seadweller does not come with the engraved Rehaut, or "chapter ring", if you'll like to call it, no matter what series.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

please advice bros.!!! SEL??? Engraved chapter ring???

Hi Bros, can anyone advice on what is SEL (solid end link)? Engraved chapter ring? On a black sub 16610LN.

Thanks!

Comment

SEL means that the bracelet on each end is solid (fixed on the bracelet itself), older model watches, the end link can be taken out from the bracelet. u can see it from the thickness of the end link attached on the watch. Engraved chapter ring is words engraved on the metal side just beside the dial itself
                        [I][COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]EVERYONE BRINGS JOY TO THE WORLD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]
                        [I]
                        [COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]SOME WHEN THEY ENTER, SOME WHEN THEY LEAVE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Originally posted by drizzling View Post
                          SEL means that the bracelet on each end is solid (fixed on the bracelet itself), older model watches, the end link can be taken out from the bracelet. u can see it from the thickness of the end link attached on the watch. Engraved chapter ring is words engraved on the metal side just beside the dial itself
                          Just something to add in to bro drizzling's words. The chapter ring also has your watch's serial number engraved at 6 o'clock position.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

thank you bro for advicing.

Comment

Originally posted by kamensng View Post
                              Hi Bros, can anyone advice on what is SEL (solid end link)? Engraved chapter ring? On a black sub 16610LN.

Thanks!
                              benefits of SEL include lesser wear on the rear of the lugs, and the end links sit quietly on the watch head.

the downside includes... protrusion of the bracelet (for smaller wrists) as the SEL juts the bracelet out before it tapers down.

the SEL also wear some metal off the case, but in places that are hidden from sight (the two ends where the engravings are located).

finally, if your watch has no lug holes, then installation of the bracelet/SEL can be a pain... the spring bars are also (IMO - this is subjective) less secure due to a shorter shoulder length.

i personally like lug holes and non SEL bracelets.
                              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

What exactly is a Chapter Ring?

Hi All

I keep seeing this term 'Chapter Ring' popping up when a seller advertise his Rolex for sale.

Can anyone advise what exactly is a Chapter Ring?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
                                Jason

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X