Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checklist for purchase of preowned rolex

Gentlemen / Ladies,

As my nick goes,i am a newbie to the world of Rolex.I intend to scout for a Rolex this wkend and buy if i find the eye-catchy piece.My budget not exceeding 8k for my 1st Rolex and is rather interested in the Datejust series.
    White gold / shiny silver chain strap with black dial and diamonds is something that i am looking at as one of my favourite.

Recommend which reputable shop to go for price and quality of watch and look for who?Preowned or new rolex for me no special preference as long i like it.

Went to Rolex shop in Orchard Ion.My guess is buying new rolex directly from Rolex shop is more pricey than other watches' shops.Pls advise me.

T&R.

If you buy only one watch, buy a Rolex. If you buy only one Rolex, buy a Submariner.
    But if you like the Datejust, wait for the soon release new Datejust II to make a comparision to the present Datejust models.

Comment

Tks,Datejust II when is the launch?

Lau jiaos kindly guide me for my 1st buy and what to look out for.

T&R..

Comment

Alamak...he already say budget 8 K mah...how to buy DateJust II wor.....

Comment

Originally posted by Xing Ka Xiao View Post
          Tks,Datejust II when is the launch?

Lau jiaos kindly guide me for my 1st buy and what to look out for.

T&R..
          8K more than enough for a SS datejust with white gold bezel. If you want a more classic look, get a jubilee bracelet, for a more sporty look, an oyster bracelet. The new datejust 2, is 40(or 41) mm compared to 36mm datejust, but for the new release, only oyster bracelet, you can go to rolex website to see whether you like the design or not. It has a bigger case and upgraded movement. Not sure when it would arrive but my prediction is anytime now to end of the year since the new TT blue sub had already arrived. The list price is not out since it is not arrived yet. I think 8K+ should be able to get one.
          If you want to see more for comparision, lucky plaze has many DA selling.
          Look for V series, if it is a M or lower, can bargain for a lower price. For Datejust, the discount is usually 20-25% from list price. The SS sports models, 0-15% discount depends on model but daytona SS is selling above list. Hope these would help.

Comment

Go for a Submariner

A iconic watch that can be worn on all times. Can never go wrong with this one!
            My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
            Rolex Submariner 16610
            Rolex Submariner 116610
            Rolex Date 1550
            IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
            IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
            Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
            Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
            Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
            Seiko Sumo SBDC001
            Seiko Sumo SBDC003
            Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
            Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by lthg25 View Post
              A iconic watch that can be worn on all times. Can never go wrong with this one!
              Yes. Fully agreed. My first response also recommended a sub.

Comment

Help required for my first rolex purchase ...

I have kind of settled for the Milgauss .. now what's left is to visit the different ADs to rub shoulders and get a good discount.

My question is:

If the uncle is willing to give a good discount but mentions that with a good discount receipt cannot be issued, is there any hidden catch I am not aware of?

From my understanding warranty services do not require receipt, only the warranty card is required...

Look forward to response from brothers here...Thanks!

Zixter

Comment

That would be strange...

There are probably only 2 reasons why he would not want to issue a receipt - firstly is a tax reason and secondly, he does not want to any proof that he is giving a discount. You should still be able to get a receipt, even if it shows the list price.

Comment

That uncle is not the first AD to have suggested that.

To me, receipt is of no sentimental value unless it is required to be kept for some importan purpose like warranty/services etc.

I am just wondering if I am falling into some dodgy deals..hehe

Zixter

Comment

they don dare to give receipt because they scare pple submit to RSC and tell Rolex how much discount they give. once Rolex knows they give that much of a discount, they may lose their dealership with rolex.

What they might be doing is, sell to you say 5k, but in their records, they put 5.2k. The 200 bucks will be less from their commision.

They earn less, you pay less and Rolex doesnt know

doesnt really matter to me cos wats imp is the stamp, choped, dated Warranty card that has a serial matching your watch.
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Sounds awesome

Comment

Originally posted by zixter View Post
                          Sounds awesome
                          Not at all.

For certain brands like Omega. They sometimes hire people to 'test' the ADs. Hence, its dangerous for them to anyhow offer such 'discounts'
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            Not at all.

For certain brands like Omega. They sometimes hire people to 'test' the ADs. Hence, its dangerous for them to anyhow offer such 'discounts'
                            Haha I mean sounds awesome to me that I am given a "private" discount. Makes my purchase seems even more worthwhile. No wonder all of them are so reluctant...

Comment

Originally posted by Randonneur View Post
                              8K more than enough for a SS datejust with white gold bezel. If you want a more classic look, get a jubilee bracelet, for a more sporty look, an oyster bracelet. The new datejust 2, is 40(or 41) mm compared to 36mm datejust, but for the new release, only oyster bracelet, you can go to rolex website to see whether you like the design or not. It has a bigger case and upgraded movement. Not sure when it would arrive but my prediction is anytime now to end of the year since the new TT blue sub had already arrived. The list price is not out since it is not arrived yet. I think 8K+ should be able to get one.
                              If you want to see more for comparision, lucky plaze has many DA selling.
                              Look for V series, if it is a M or lower, can bargain for a lower price. For Datejust, the discount is usually 20-25% from list price. The SS sports models, 0-15% discount depends on model but daytona SS is selling above list. Hope these would help.
                              Hi,which shop in Lucky Plaza will u recommend in term of reliability and pricing?How is the pricing in LP compared to Chinatown or PPC shops for pre-owned?
                              T&R..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X