Tudor - poor man's rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
    Here's one with a black dial Apologies for my photography skills which s*cks to high heaven.

This is really a nice watch. Sorry, I am not to familiar with the Tudor. It appears that that the Crown, as well as the body of the watch, is from Rolex; and perhaps the dial, and the calibre are not.

Comment

If you're interested to know more, there's a nice write-up on Tudor @ this site: The History of Rolex Tudor Watches.

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
      I am not to familiar with the Tudor.

Comment

If you're interested to know more, there's a nice write-up on Tudor @ this site: The History of Rolex Tudor Watches.
        Many thanks, for directing me to this informative site. I learnt that"Rolex signed bracelets and crowns were part of the Tudor models up to 1990`s".

Comment

bro 116520.. i think you have gem there..
          yesterday went to a pre-own shop near bugis, saw a lookalike model (fullset). asked the price n i almost fall off the chair when shop owner said "S$10K!"

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          This one?

Comment

Originally posted by video.starz View Post
            yesterday went to a pre-own shop near bugis, saw a lookalike model (fullset). asked the price n i almost fall off the chair when shop owner said "S$10K!"
            Wah! Nice

but wads so special about this...err..can enlighten me?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks for the info... I think the "right" market price should be around $5k-$6k

Comment

i guess some of these shops will really inflat their pricing yah.. ha! but still it's a nice watch u have there bro, real gem..

yah i was also shocked when he quoted me S$2.8k for an omega speedmaster schumacher red (no box/papers).. almost felt like telling him i'm selling a yellow with box/papers, can i sell u for S$2.8k? hahaha...

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Thanks for the info... I think the "right" market price should be around $5k-$6k

Comment

i guess some of these shops will really inflat their pricing yah
                  Yes, they want to maximise their profit, so better be careful. Check around first before making a purchase. Otherwise, you'll be poorer for the experience. Then Tudor will really be a "poor" man's watch.

Comment

expensive for a tudor le

Comment

Originally posted by benhur View Post
                      expensive for a tudor le
                      Yes, for some of the vintage models. Don't see Tudor no eyes OK.

Comment

wahahah... that's a good one bro ejaan...

Yes, they want to maximise their profit, so better be careful. Check around first before making a purchase. Otherwise, you'll be poorer for the experience. Then Tudor will really be a "poor" man's watch.

Comment

please correct me if i am wrong..
                          after reading so much, am i right to assume the more valuable Tudor pieces are the vintage sports, chronos & selected models with rolex signatures & casings?

Yes, for some of the vintage models. Don't see Tudor no eyes OK.

Comment

Here's one with a black dial Apologies for my photography skills which s*cks to high heaven.

Nice Tudor, perhaps this was originally a tudor chrono that comes with strap as it has polished lugs if it is a 79260 with no p

Only the 79260p & 79280p 62590 comes with bracelet with polished lugs. Early versions with tiger that comes with bracelet has no polished lugs...I have a few chrono...but only amateur in rolex and tudor collecting...

Nice watch...anyone has a 79270 out there for sale??
                            My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

There are some non-sports models that sought by collectors as well.

please correct me if i am wrong..
                              after reading so much, am i right to assume the more valuable Tudor pieces are the vintage sports, chronos & selected models with rolex signatures & casings?
                              My knowledge in this area is quite limited but I have not come across a Pre-Tiger Tudor Chronograph that is fitted with a strap. Then I may be wrong here. Just because I have not seen it does not mean is doesn't exist.

The Tudor Tiger Chrono that I have, on the other hand, came fitted with a strap.

Originally posted by subgmt View Post
                              Nice Tudor, perhaps this was originally a tudor chrono that comes with strap as it has polished lugs if it is a 79260 with no p

Only the 79260p & 79280p 62590 comes with bracelet with polished lugs. Early versions with tiger that comes with bracelet has no polished lugs...I have a few chrono...but only amateur in rolex and tudor collecting...

Nice watch...anyone has a 79270 out there for sale??

Comment

excellent stuff!!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X