Advisory : Authentication Rolex Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qxsad View Post
    I'd found this watch while clearing out my late dad's cupboard. It doesn't seems like a real deal to me but I reckon I could get a second opinion before deciding what to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

How to identify through picture that this is not real deal? No such model perhaps?

Comment

• Question - watch authentication options

I was told by a rolex resale shop owner at chinatown that if u wan to authenticate a resale rolex watch at Rsc, u just have to make replacement of ur watch bezel n Rsc will authenticate ur watch simultaneously.

The replacment of bazel is much cheaper than just authentication. ..

Sgroc bro, is it true???

Comment

• Originally posted by Maa View Post
        I was told by a rolex resale shop owner at chinatown that if u wan to authenticate a resale rolex watch at Rsc, u just have to make replacement of ur watch bezel n Rsc will authenticate ur watch simultaneously.

Sgroc bro, is it true???
        Only if your watch is a submariner or GMT II, both non ceramic version then yes. BUT! If I m not wrong it's about the same cost. Don't think you are saving alot but you are getting a new part.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maa View Post

Sgroc bro, is it true???
          Haha smart and I would think RSC will ensure the watch us authentic before they replace the bezel.

So it depends on what bezel you are replacing.

A YG or WG or ceramic bezel will cost more than the cost of authentication.
          Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

• You meant the non-ceramic bezel costs less than $107?

Comment

• so to replace a 16610's bezel, it should cost less than $107 with servicing?

Comment

• I think i must first rephrase myself, its the changing of the bezel insert. I think cost is about $100 stil

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• If you change bezel only without servicing they charge you for labour LPPL !
                  Just ask them to add a spare link or remove a link for you lah ? if fake they will never do it !

Comment

• is it their practise to open up the case back to check movement before removing/adding a link?

Originally posted by LSL View Post
                    If you change bezel only without servicing they charge you for labour LPPL !
                    Just ask them to add a spare link or remove a link for you lah ? if fake they will never do it !

Comment

• Originally posted by LSL View Post
                      If you change bezel only without servicing they charge you for labour LPPL !
                      tks vm bro, 4 the tips ... much appreciated.

Comment

• I always feel by opening up case back for diver watches like Sub/SD/DSSD just to check the movement for authenticate is a no no for me as all factory seal will be broken & they will not test the 300m seal. Even for 100m seal of a GMT, i will also feel uneasy.

But all depends on your confident to know your stuff about authenticate the watch yourself. Even 2nd shop, if they open up a Sub, I will not get from them.

Comment

• All that being said, i still feel its safer to have your rolex properly vetted before parting your $. For me, i dont do diving, so as long as water doesnt get in, im golden

Comment

• Totally agree with jrywong.
                            To be safe than sorry.

Comment

• It's interesting to get so much info from this thread as I am planning to get my very first Rolex. So it is true that verification fees are borne by the buyer.

Comment

• Buying preowned...

Buying preowned watches basically are there any things to look out for? A polish will make most watches look new but wat about the mechanisms inside? Anyway to spoil faulty mechanism?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X