time regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time regulation

hi everyone here, just curious in asking if placing the rolex watch at rest really affects the time regulation?

"If your watch is off a few seconds per day (fast or slow) you can regulate it depending on the position you leave the watch at night when you're not wearing it, as follows:

By leaving the watch's dial (or face) up can cause it to gain (or run fast) upto a few seconds per day. On the other hand, by leaving the watch's dial (or face) down can cause it to lose (or run slow) upto a few seconds per day."

http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/rolex_faqs.html

ic...so how did ur sub fare with respect to the accuracy?

what is the meaning of crown up,dwn?

Comment

ic...thanks dude...

however, how do u measure ur watch's accuracy with?GPS time?

did u leave ur sub in a watch winder?

does manual winding of the watch affect the accuracy?

cuz my sub C, approx 8 months old..i did some measurements of it with respect to the rolex web where the front page will auto synchro with the clock on ur computer..this is my 4th day..it got slower by 20sec

Comment

Originally posted by jflye View Post
        hi everyone here, just curious in asking if placing the rolex watch at rest really affects the time regulation?

"If your watch is off a few seconds per day (fast or slow) you can regulate it depending on the position you leave the watch at night when you're not wearing it, as follows:

By leaving the watch's dial (or face) up can cause it to gain (or run fast) upto a few seconds per day. On the other hand, by leaving the watch's dial (or face) down can cause it to lose (or run slow) upto a few seconds per day."

http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/rolex_faqs.html
        that information was for older 15xx rolex watches... later high beat watches do not suffer from positional variations as much due to the design of the entire balance.

if your later rolex can be "regulated" so easily in this manner, there may be something wrong with it!
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

however, how do u measure ur watch's accuracy with?GPS time?

did u leave ur sub in a watch winder?

does manual winding of the watch affect the accuracy?

cuz my sub C, approx 8 months old..i did some measurements of it with respect to the rolex web where the front page will auto synchro with the clock on ur computer..this is my 4th day..it got slower by 20sec
          timing is best sync'ed with time.gov because that website actually calculates network delays and tells you what it is.

a fully wound/always worn watch will keep better and more stable time than one that is not fully wound/always worn. a stable temperature also helps... not too cold one moment and too warm the next as temperature changes may affect most springs (very minutely).

manual winding the watch (until PR is full) regularly may induce more wear and tear than necessary. the automatic winding system in most rolex watches are very efficient when worn by most people.

if you want to manually wind your watch, i recommend buying a manually wound watch.

everybody tests accuracy differently - i test mine by wearing it for a week and nothing the +/- per day and for that whole week.

adjustments are made based on information obtained through my life style, because i wear my watch on my wrist, not on a winder.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

woah..thks dude..

but i am rather disappointed with my sub C though...as it is a relatively new piece which is less than 2 years old and also 1st hand..but the accuracy turns out to be like this

Comment

icic...i guess rolex quality control may nd to be tighter? in order to live up its name producing COSC watches

Comment

woah..thks dude..

but i am rather disappointed with my sub C though...as it is a relatively new piece which is less than 2 years old and also 1st hand..but the accuracy turns out to be like this
                RSC will regulate your watch FOC if it is within warranty. first bring it in for them to see if it is really outside of COSC spec.

Comment

icic...i guess rolex quality control may nd to be tighter? in order to live up its name producing COSC watches
                  COSC certifies movements, not cased watches. a lot can happen from the time the cert is issued until you receive your watch.

Comment

Originally posted by relac88
                    Whats the value of certifying if it cant gaurantee reliability and quality after the test?
                    Its just like a rubber stamp right?
                    you answered your own question.

i consider COSC left over from the days when time keeping was not -4/+6 easily...

Comment

ic....just curious how can the RSC check the accuracy of the watch on the spot? since the time loss happens over a period of time...

my watch now lost 30s compare to the first day when i adjusted it and it the 6th day

Comment

ic....just curious how can the RSC check the accuracy of the watch on the spot? since the time loss happens over a period of time...
                        they have a machine that can calculate it quickly. takes a few seconds per position.

Comment

IIRC, the proper name is "vibrograph".

it doesn't merely measure the "ticks of a watch" but rather it calculates the vibrations (ie, ticks) and charts it to determine the accuracy.

we don't need a machine to measure the v/bph because it is easier to just input the beat rate manually than to let the machine figure it out.

Comment

just an update....my sub lost 40s over 9 days..

which works out to be -4.4s per day but i wonder how some of the dudes manage to still get to the exact seconds after wearing over a period of time...

Comment

woah...actually ur sub C is very good..mine was nv like ur case...

my best keeping watch works out to be seiko..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X