Advisory Sought : Date change Explorer II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory Sought : Date change Explorer II

I noticed my exp2 date change takes about 2.5 hours to change. Any one have this similiar timing ?

+-5mins is acceptable for me but 2.5hrs I think you should get it checked.

Comment

i notice there were some dates that the dates changed ( jump to next date ) about 10-15 minute passed 12, and there were some dates take 1-2 hours to changed, i.e. the cyclops window will be in between 2 dates. I have checked other rolex website and found that it is probably due to so called "sticky date/wheel" in the watch, it could be the oil/lubricant. The advice given is to adjust the hours hand to and flo at the 12 o'clock so that the date changes between 2 dates, so that to "smoothen" the date wheel. Not sure other rolex Date Model have this issue ?

PS: I adjust ( either advance /delay) my watch by 12 hours, so that the noon time (12 mid-night) the date start to change, and i check the date.

Comment

Am thinking to send the watch to RSC to check the date change problem since it is still under warranty. Will RSC charge me for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Exp2_Sub View Post
          Am thinking to send the watch to RSC to check the date change problem since it is still under warranty. Will RSC charge me for this ?
          no charge.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I also have the same problem...

Comment

Better get it check

Comment

Date change on my exploer 2

my latest model of explorer 2, i noticed that the date jumped at 0004 in stead of precisely 0000 (midnight).

just want to check if this is normal.

Comment

i didn't realize it on my although is right in front of me

Comment

very sorry, should ve googled first.

situation seems normal, http://www.watchtalkforums.info/foru...orum/11776.htm

Comment

haha ... thanksa for the infor bro

Comment

Originally posted by Tawfiq View Post
                        i didn't realize it on my although is right in front of me
                        Me too lah now must do outstanding check:

Comment

Originally posted by attap seed View Post
                          my latest model of explorer 2, i noticed that the date jumped at 0004 in stead of precisely 0000 (midnight).

just want to check if this is normal.
                          It is normal for all mechanical watches. It can be adjusted but "issue" will likely come back. There are cases of date changing even at 11.45pm or 11.30pm....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X