Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy of your Rolex??

Dear all,

I wonder if any of you ever time your precious Rolex pieces?

If so, how is its accuracy to the seconds per day? Or minutes per month?

Finally, what is the descripancy range that is acceptable to you?

Thanks.

Accuracy of your Rolex??

Dear all,

I wonder if ( 1 ) any of you ever time your precious Rolex pieces?

If so, ( 2 ) how is its accuracy to the seconds per day? Or minutes per month?

Finally, ( 3 ) what is the range of discrepancies that is acceptable to you?

Thanks.

Comment

Based on the std Spore time available at this website: http://www.singaporestandardtime.org.sg/
      my 2 reasonably new 216570 Exp II and 116713 GMT IIc are out by about 1 to 2 seconds per week. They are that good!

Comment

the fastest way is to put it on a professional watch timer device used by all service centres and the factory

it will immediately give you the deviation in seconds/day (24hrs)
        you can then start to move the watch into all the positions : dial up, dial down, crown up, corwn down etc etc

this checks the timing of the watch in all the positions, usually 5 is enough

you need to know the technical specs of the movement, especially the "lift angle" of the escapement as the measurement calculation is based on the setting of the lift angle

you can you use your computer and wait 24 hrs and see how much the watch is out. but 5 positions will take you 5 days!
        and you dont have any information on the amplitude or the beat error of the watch as displayed by the professional machine

the machines cos the price of a small watch but if you have a lot of watches to look after, they are a good investment to monitor and check them. i use it also to verify the watch after it has come back from a service.

on a rolex that is factory fresh and brand new, they are all well within COSC standards. some as good as 0 or -/+1 sec/day with zero beat error (some beat error is acceptable at times)

hope this helps

Comment

using cosc standard, it would be +6/-4sec per day
          or +3min/-2min per month

Originally posted by RolexSunday View Post
          Dear all,

I wonder if any of you ever time your precious Rolex pieces?

If so, how is its accuracy to the seconds per day? Or minutes per month?

Finally, what is the descripancy range that is acceptable to you?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
            using cosc standard, it would be +6/-4sec per day
            or +3min/-2min per month
            I always thought that with an automatic watch, if you wear it 24/7 you do not need to adjust the time. So with COSC specs base on +/- per day, it means due to the accumulative tolerances, an automatic watch still needs to be adjusted every few weeks.
            Is my assumption/interpretation correct? Is the COSC specs base on a watch that is worn 24/7?

Question:
            1) When we have fully wound the watch and wear it; say 12 hours per day, it will keep its power while it is being worn. After work we keep it in the watch case where it sits idle til the next morning, so for the next 10 to 12 hours, the power will gradually wound down right? Or it is not suppose to lose its power if its power is rated 40 hours?

2) If we wear the watch 24/7 after it is fully wound, the watch will maintain its power rating (40 hours) and maintain COSC specs? In this case it still means due to accumulative tolerances the time still needs to be adjusted every few weeks/months.

3) While wearing the watch, does its power decline over time? What I mean is that by natural movement, it only maintain its power. At times of rest while reading or even typing on a keyboard, our wrist is as good as stationery. So during these times, the watch is losing its power, right?

My Sub C is +1sec after 24 hours. Subsequent days it slowed down by about 1sec per day (-1sec/day). Is my watch keeping good time base on my assumption/interpretion of COSC accuracy but I would still need to adjust the time every few weeks?

This leads me to another question:
            If my assumption/interpretation of COSC is correct, then what is the point of keeping COSC compliant watches in watch winders if it still means you need to adjust your watches every couple of weeks (assuming it is at the extreme ends of the COSC tolerance)?
            I will own a Rolex ................ someday!

Comment

My 16570 +5 mins / month, is it acceptable ?

If not what can I do ?

Some said, when not wearing, dial facing up, some said crown point upwards.

Comment

May not be relevant for this thread (sorry, RolexSunday), but a newbie like me gotta make a least TEN posts to start my own posting...

A quick question if anyone here is willing to share their expertise, do we have to adjust the time to 6 O'clock prior changing the dates ?

Comment

Was told to avoid 3, 6, 9 , 12 for the hour hand when setting the date
                  Reason is that it got something to do witht the date plate
                  I dunno true or not
                  other please advise

Comment

i think its stated in user manual to avoid switching date when its 2200 to 0200

Comment

Agreed, for some expensive mechanical movement watches, they are advice not to manually adjust the date from 8:00pm to 2:00am, as the mechanical movement inside the watch is starting change the date as it approach the mid-night hour, forcing to change will result in damaging the movement.
                      My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
                      Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
                      Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
                      Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
                      Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
                      Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
                      A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
                      Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
                      Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
                      Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

Comment

I had spent time timing my Rolex many years back, notice it can be within a second out within 24hours, I tried also various position to rest the watch (face down, up side .. Etc) to compensate the time lost / gain. Overall satisfy with Rolex timing.

Lastly I only do date adjustment when watch time at between 9:30am to 10:30am. Read somewhere many years the date gears fully disengaged..

Comment

so are there anymore unsatisfied owners here about rolex's accuracy?haha

Comment

although it is only -2 sec daily, still feel kinda uneasy

Comment

agree on the uneasiness, spend so much on a watch that is not as accurate as it suppose to be yea?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X