Rolex as wedding gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carissa View Post
    Thanks so much for all of your replies..im very glad that theres such a pro forum so ive deactivated my panic mode..

tested the waters already..hes ok w second hand..i asked if he'd rather i got a second hand merc or a cherry qq..he said he'll go for second hand..

will be asking him for $1 so it will be like selling to him..just in case if any of our elders are pantang..didnt know watches apply..tot clock only..

saw the subs..its a beauty..he hinted that he wants something with date

figured that these are ard my budget:
    submariner 16610
    datejust 116200
    seadweller 16600

guys and their expensive toys....now im starting to like it as i search more abt it..die la
    Hi,

I dun think it is appropriate to hint to him by comparing Cherry QQ and a Mercedes... Who in the right mind would wanna drive a Cherry QQ right? Especially for guy!! It is like comparing a very very vintage and ordinary Patek Phillpe (Common Model) with a Seiko/Citizen or some china made watches!! Although prices will come back to around the same, but I believe "BRANDING" does play a big part on him response to you...

Perhaps you can hint to him in terms of the brand of watches he prefer instead... Eg comparing Rolx with Omega, Breitling, Panerai etc... around the price range that falls within your budget.

Juz My 2 cents worth...

Comment

Originally posted by Carissa View Post
      aiya triton..bo bian..he bought me a 1 carat ring leh..it was a surprise lor..i see him like so poor thing..keep on seeing and surfing..go shop touch touch but dun own it..walk out from the shop like so dejected..empatize w him..so savin $$ then ill get one for him lor..tested the waters already..they ok w e idea..but ill get him to gimme a nominal sum like $1 or $2 as a token..like he 'bought' it lor..

u wun believe it but im copying down all of the suggestions!!

now ive got a colleague who is thinking of buying 1 too..but the diff is that shes loaded..
      I have another suggestion. Buy this watch for his coming birthday, xmas etc but not for your wedding. In this way, he gets what he wants and you don't have to worry about the 'pantang' thingy.

In any case, Congratulations!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X