Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roguehog View Post
    I dont think this is an acurate gauge for rolex or any brand. from my limited experience with RSC, I realised that they levy a standard charge of SGD740 for basic servicing for all models that I have brought in so far - vintage, current and sports models. however, if you decide not to service after the quotation is provided, and decide to bring it in several months later to service, the quotation will escalate two folds to sgd1400.
    i've never heard of it regarding the part where they charge u 2x few months later should u don't wanna service the first time. however i don't think you are right regarding the standard servicing charge of 740. i remb calling in to ask and was told that datejust was cheaper than sports series but not much differences,maybe datejust 600+ and sports are 700+...something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ApriliaRSV View Post
      i've never heard of it regarding the part where they charge u 2x few months later should u don't wanna service the first time. however i don't think you are right regarding the standard servicing charge of 740. i remb calling in to ask and was told that datejust was cheaper than sports series but not much differences,maybe datejust 600+ and sports are 700+...something like that.
      don't call. try it yourself. bring the watch down to rsc, leave it there for them to make a quote. when quote is offered, decline to have it serviced and bring the same watch back 3-6 months later. then you'll know what i mean. i've tried that on 4 occassions. i suspect they save the details in their computer and then when you bring the watch back, they levy a higher price.
      I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
      http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• If this is true, rolex center has extremely bad business practise
        Certainly a watch doesnt deteriorate by two fold in 3-6mth
        Why then the two fold jump in service fee quoted within such a short timeframe
        Can rolex center please clarify

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
        don't call. try it yourself. bring the watch down to rsc, leave it there for them to make a quote. when quote is offered, decline to have it serviced and bring the same watch back 3-6 months later. then you'll know what i mean. i've tried that on 4 occassions. i suspect they save the details in their computer and then when you bring the watch back, they levy a higher price.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
          What is the basis and justification for a two fold jump in a few months?
          Make more money !!
          ROLEX.

Comment

• That's bad business ethics

Comment

• and i see myself going there soon...for my GMT that is still within warranty period. bummer.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
              http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• What happened to your gmt2c?

Comment

• quickset date does not jump at 12.
                  the date change happens slowly across 12-2, which shd not be the case.

Comment

• Thats quite a problem
                    Usually the jump is between 12 to 12.05 within 5min
                    12-2 is 2hr
                    Make sure you inspect watch when they return to you , shouldnt have scratch

Originally posted by kohym View Post
                    quickset date does not jump at 12.
                    the date change happens slowly across 12-2, which shd not be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                      Thats quite a problem
                      Usually the jump is between 12 to 12.05 within 5min
                      12-2 is 2hr
                      Make sure you inspect watch when they return to you , shouldnt have scratch
                      thanks for the tip! it is my rotated watch so already kena some scuffs here and there

my ExpII date change is on the dot one, very quick.

even my 7yo SD date change is instant.

so i think this GMTIIc very inacceptable, hope RSC can sort it out well...

Comment

• Have read horror stories in sgroc about scratches on watches return by rolex center
                        Best part is, some of these they denied responsibility

Comment

• my watch is 3 years plus, recently sent in to rsc the auntie recommended me to do a overhaul, i saw the quote, need change hands, crown and tube. is that really necessary? like few months before this visit, i went in they told me no need and did a free regulate. i only wear it like 2 times a week.

Comment

• already saw a few feedback here about rolex center recommending change of parts after 3-5years usage, and questions about whether such recommendation was necessary
                            while crown and tube may be worn out due to frequent winding, i dont understand why hands need to be changed

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                            my watch is 3 years plus, recently sent in to rsc the auntie recommended me to do a overhaul, i saw the quote, need change hands, crown and tube. is that really necessary? like few months before this visit, i went in they told me no need and did a free regulate. i only wear it like 2 times a week.

Comment

• one thing is which i don't understand, my watch has be operated by a experience watch technician, he change my crown and tube this year. i think he got from another sport series and swop to mine. hand alittle mark damage by outside tech, the mark is to tiny. the auntie even cancel away infront of me, and said no need.

Comment

• if the outside technician changed your crown and tube with a set of crown and tube obtained from another preown watch, isnt it used parts changed with used parts? thought used parts should be changed with new parts

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                                one thing is which i don't understand, my watch has be operated by a experience watch technician, he change my crown and tube this year. i think he got from another sport series and swop to mine. hand alittle mark damage by outside tech, the mark is to tiny. the auntie even cancel away infront of me, and said no need.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X