Need advice on my first Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on my first Rolex

Hi all i need some advice on buying my first Rolex. I personally likes the Rolex 16570 white face later series with chapter ring but was not able to find a good used one few years back and spend the money on other watch. Years later i realized i am still craving for a Rolex.

Now i am ready for one but in a dilemma between a Rolex 116710BLNR. May i know if it is possible still to get a NOS 16570? Whats the different between 116710BLNR and 16570?

Please pardon me as i am a noot in Rolex. Any input advice will be welcome. Thanks!

I think it is not easy to get a NOS ROLEX Explorer II 16570, though not impossible. But you may need to pay a premium for it if you do find one. As for the "116710BLNR", which is a different model totally, the differences are aplenty. Just on their appearances, one's a white dial (16570) and the other is black. The Explorer II has red GMT hand while the GMT IIc comes in blue. The bezels are also different both in colors and materials.

Google for the pics. You'll see.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks..... i browse the Rolex website and was attracted by the GMT Master 2. I had thought of getting the 216570 but somehow i just don't like the 42mm and the overall look if given a choice i will go for 16570 anytime. Any idea how much will this GMT Master 2 cost and have it reach out shore already? I believe it is a new model.

Comment

I have seen few pieces (116710BLNR) being sold (or may still be on sale) at the Garage Sales. Prices were between 12K and 13K range. I believe it is not yet available at the local ADs. Yes it is the latest model that was just introduced in this year's major watch fair in Switzerland.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by neski View Post
          Thanks..... i browse the Rolex website and was attracted by the GMT Master 2. I had thought of getting the 216570 but somehow i just don't like the 42mm and the overall look if given a choice i will go for 16570 anytime. Any idea how much will this GMT Master 2 cost and have it reach out shore already? I believe it is a new model.
          I'm with you in this... The 216570 looks out of proportion. The 16570 looks just right! But I can't stand the old bracelet.

Comment

Or you can go for 116710LN (green hand) for nearly 9k.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            I have seen few pieces (116710BLNR) being sold (or may still be on sale) at the Garage Sales. Prices were between 12K and 13K range. I believe it is not yet available at the local ADs. Yes it is the latest model that was just introduced in this year's major watch fair in Switzerland.

Comment

for 3k more i suggest you for the for new blue/black gmt2.. much nicer imho

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X