Buying watches from USA buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying watches from USA buyer

Hi guys, I was looking around international forums and seems rather interested to buy a watch from someone living in the USA.
    Has anyone purchase similar watches online? If yes, how do you go about it?
    If possible, share with me the normal method and also the 'cheaper' method
    Thanks!

Originally posted by FXS View Post
    Hi guys, I was looking around international forums and seems rather interested to buy a watch from someone living in the USA.
    Thanks!
    Yes, once. From a shop though, so I am pretty confident with the seller. Transacted through paypal (exchange rate is a little high though...)

However, do be cautious if you are buying from a fellow forumer in international forums, especially those with a lower feedback score. I would advise against transaction through wire transfer or Moneygram/ Western Union, where money cannot be tracked and retrieved if you are scammed. You may even get scammed through Paypal too, where the watch may be a fake or where it may not be delivered at all.

If the deal is too good to be true, the best bet is to back away, unless the seller is pretty much reputable. Hope this helps.
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by FXS View Post
      Thanks!
      a very famous online dealer in US Steve Mxxxxx ran road few months ago and many ppl around the world were owed $, watches or parts etc!
      Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
      Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
      GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
      GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
      DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
      DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
      , 18238 malachite
      DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
      AP 15300 Black
      Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
      GP 18k RG
      IWC Port 3714 Chrono
      Chronoswiss Skeleton
      Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Small saving + Big risk, is it worth it ? I would rather pay a bit more to have a piece of mind.

Comment

Buy expensive watch dun be "niao" lah. If not limited edition, not worth the risk...
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip off on steven.
            How about the shipping?
            Do you declare full amount and insurance? And roughly how much do you think that will be if its shipped from USA to SG?

Comment

shipping depends on the weight(big box?),amount decalred,different types of courier
              EMS will be cheaper
              you will need to pay gst when arrive
              if decalre lower amount,you pay less gst,incase package lost,insurance will only cover the declared amount
              roughly SGD200 +- from us to sg

Comment

Always buy the seller. You can do reference checks on the seller by posting a 'Reference check' on the forums asking members about the seller. If the seller has done numerous deals great references will be had. Use FEDEX, may not be cheaper but safer.
                Make sure the seller gets Insurance from ParcelPro for the full amount of the watch. There is a way around GST which the seller can help you out with.

Comment

key advice here; buy the seller not the watch.

older watches are definitely less expensive in the USA than HK or Sing but I would be more inclined to trust someone from HK or Sing in general than a businessman in the States and I am from there. This is a generalization but how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiand View Post
                    Make sure the seller gets Insurance from ParcelPro for the full amount of the watch. There is a way around GST which the seller can help you out with.
                    Great advice bro! but do check over your shoulder to make sure the taxman is not behind you!

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                      Buy expensive watch dun be "niao" lah. If not limited edition, not worth the risk...
                      Yap. But overseas seems to have more vintage pieces than here. so if you are a vintage collector or loath one, that's probably where you can find more watches...

Comment

I bought a watch from rolex forums. Seller was in orange county, LA area. Very reliable and reputable.

Comment

Juz go for a nice holiday with ur wife and buy one on the way loh.

Comment

i agree. buying on holidays seems like the best choice. see it in person and no worries on shipping etc...

Comment

Originally posted by 180kmh View Post
                              i agree. buying on holidays seems like the best choice. see it in person and no worries on shipping etc...
                              Well yes and no. During a holiday trip, you really wouldn't want to spend your precious time away looking for a watch. what's more the model, make, type, etc may not be there when you want it. Plus, you wife may "strangle" you for spending all the hols time looking for watches! LOL

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X