No announcement yet.

Opinion is required. Buying first Rolex. Want to have a TT version, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion is required. Buying first Rolex. Want to have a TT version, please help

Finally, can start a new thread. Plan to buy my first rolex with very limit budget. Therefore can only afford the preowned watch.

My current budget is 8K only, however I want to have TT version.

I eye on two specific models:
    1) Normal Datejust like 162xx.
    2) GMT or Sub

Here are the general requirements:
    1) Working condition. Can indicate time correctly at least
    2) Exterior about 90%, no major ding and dang that can not be removed by polishing
    3) MUST in original status without aftermarket replacement

Plan to find one from forum and deal at RSC.

Here are the questions:
    1) for Datejust, what is the reasonable price range? I definitely want to get a cheaper one. However what is the common sense? If the price is too low, maybe imply some potential issue with the watch?
    2) for GMT or Sub can I still get an old but yet good TT within my budget?

Thanks so much for viewing and really appreciate for any comment.

Thank u so much. May I know for kind of overall condition can I expect for these old model?

Comment

16613 TT Sub should be within your budget.

Comment

Thanks All!!! any more suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by lszomb View Post
          Thanks All!!! any more suggestions?
          For TT, you can go for GMT 16713 or Submariner 16613 Blue or Black

16713 is slightly more diff to find. For your budget 8K, you should be able to get 16613 F series(2004-5) and older models in good condition with box and papers. Go for the blue, the old blue is nicer than the new ceramic blue which looks plastic IMO.

Comment

Try to go BNIN for ur first Rolex, 2nd or third can get 2nd hand one..the first will always be your best

Comment

Originally posted by maxxam
              Save more and get BNIB.
              The feeling is totally different when you buy a preown n BNIB, but this is just my personnal view.
              Fully agreed.

Comment

Lunch time, went to a reputable preowned watch shop at Chinatown. After that, I completely lost interest to buy rolex from such shop. They have a few samples for 16613 from year 199x. The overall candition is about 4-5. Major scratches all over the place. The black or blue color fade out due to scratch. Gold part banded or knocked badly. Very loose bracelet. All in all, asking for 6k+. I think my decision is going towards to trade in forum with a good one or just buy bnib one.

Comment

That's the problem, when u see something in a bad state - leaves an sour after taste....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X